RB/Oline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinaticPatch View Post
    I would think of all fan bases the Denver fan base wouldn't be clamoring for running backs. Denver showed the NFL how a successful running game is built. You don't go out and get RB's you get lineman.

Terrell Davis
    Mike Anderson
    Rueben Droughnes
    Olandis Gary
    Tatum Bell
    Clinton Portis

All played from 95-05, all saw a good amount of success, all played behind very good Olines. Get linemen to fix your running game, not running backs.
    The football gods gives you a standing ovation. Bill Parcells gives you a thumbs up.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco_diesel View Post
      TD was a great back behind a great line. Portis had all the tools but got greedy. All the others really did benefit from a great line - but they were good players.

This is why I think Dallas may have some success this year and years to come. They have invested heavily into the OL.

I would like to see us start investing in the OL.
      1995 +, Denver went out and signed Zimmerman, Schlereth, Jones and developed Nalen. What an investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
        I think we have "invested" in the Oline. Clady is a #1 pick, Franklin was a #2 pick. Heck Zane Beadles was a 2nd round pick, and J.D. Walton was a 3rd round pick. Add to that we went out and got an All-Pro guard in Vasquez.

This organization has invested in the Oline...it just hasn't worked out for them. Perhaps the could use better coaches
        The difference between now and 1995 +, we went out and signed 3 known entities at OL. We probably whiffed as much on the draftees then as now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
          Huh. Dolphins fan.

I didn't know there was such a thing.
          You know how the chiefs fans hate us?

Can you only imagine how much dolphin, bill, and jets fans hate the Pats?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
            You know how the chiefs fans hate us?

Can you only imagine how much dolphin, bill, and jets fans hate the Pats?

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F#&% the Brady Bunch!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X