RB/Oline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB/Oline Discussion

I would think of all fan bases the Denver fan base wouldn't be clamoring for running backs. Denver showed the NFL how a successful running game is built. You don't go out and get RB's you get lineman.

Terrell Davis
    Mike Anderson
    Rueben Droughnes
    Olandis Gary
    Tatum Bell
    Clinton Portis

All played from 95-05, all saw a good amount of success, all played behind very good Olines. Get linemen to fix your running game, not running backs.

Pepper Uranus

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
      Pepper Uranus
      Well put, I like the thought you put into that.

Comment

Originally posted by FinaticPatch View Post
        I would think of all fan bases the Denver fan base wouldn't be clamoring for running backs. Denver showed the NFL how a successful running game is built. You don't go out and get RB's you get lineman.

Terrell Davis
        Mike Anderson
        Rueben Droughnes
        Olandis Gary
        Tatum Bell
        Clinton Portis

All played from 95-05, all saw a good amount of success, all played behind very good Olines. Get linemen to fix your running game, not running backs.
        TD was a great back behind a great line. Portis had all the tools but got greedy. All the others really did benefit from a great line - but they were good players.

This is why I think Dallas may have some success this year and years to come. They have invested heavily into the OL.

I would like to see us start investing in the OL.

Comment

Terrell Davis
          Mike Anderson
          Rueben Droughnes
          Olandis Gary
          Tatum Bell
          Clinton Portis

I think most people realize this.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
            I think most people realize this.
            I would hope so but every time a a RB is cut or released a thread pops up to bring him in. Outside of a few exceptions, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Adrian Paterson, you go as the oline goes. So unless your bringing in AP then the only way to improve is via the oline.

Comment

Well put, I like the thought you put into that.
              Hey, when you post something...you get to deal with the replies. Feel free to put me on ignore if you don't like mine.

I just don't see the point of a brand new RB thread when there are eleventy billion of them now.

Comment

Add to the list that the OLINE is the worst unit in the league in PENALTIES!! ughhhhh

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1...penalized-unit

<TABLE class=sbn-data-table><TBODY><TR class=ui-state-even><TD>PENALTY TYPE</TD><TD>NO. CALLED</TD><TD>NFL AVG.</TD><TD>RANK</TD></TR><TR class=ui-state-odd><TD>False Start</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>11.47</TD><TD>32nd</TD></TR><TR class=ui-state-even><TD>Offensive Holding</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>12.34</TD><TD>30th</TD></TR><TR class=ui-state-odd><TD>Ineligible Man Downfield</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0.44</TD><TD>30th</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Without breaking it down even further into penalties that can be called on both side of the ball, the results are pretty clear and entirely damning. A unit widely considered one of the leagues premier offensive lines has been completely wrecked by a coaching staff following a kneejerk overreaction to a single game back in February.

Insane how wrong the coaches (and I thought the same as well as many here) that moving Franklin to G was the move that would IMPROVE the line.

At this point can it hurt to revert back to Franklin at T ?

Comment

I can't believe you forgot me.

Sincerely,

Vaughn Hebron, Derek Loville, and KaRon Coleman, Cecil Sapp, Garrison Hearst and Ron Dayne

Comment

Franklin was so much better at RT than Clark or any other we have put over there and it is stupid to move a pro-bowler out of their comfort position (Vasquez) so I don't understand that move after having a good Oline that did get us to the Super Bowl, which this board doesn't seem to think is an accomplishment (totally ****ing baffling). I would go Clady, Man Ram (this may be the position you experiment in), Montgomery, Vasquez, Franklin from left to right.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                      I can't believe you forgot me.

Sincerely,

Vaughn Hebron, Derek Loville, and KaRon Coleman, Cecil Sapp, Garrison Hearst and Ron Dayne
                      And this guy after 2005!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Huh. Dolphins fan.

I didn't know there was such a thing.

Comment

I would hope so but every time a a RB is cut or released a thread pops up to bring him in. Outside of a few exceptions, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Adrian Paterson, you go as the oline goes. So unless your bringing in AP then the only way to improve is via the oline.
                          Perhaps it's because bringing in one player rather than 2-3 is easier? Maybe? I'm just spitballin' here.

Don't know if you know this, but we're already in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                            And this guy after 2005!
                            Mike Bell sighting!

Also:

Comment

Did I miss Tatum Bell's greatness?

Comment

Working...
                              X