The Film Don't Lie: Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    I've noticed the same things. Manning doesn't have the arm strength to throw ropes to the outside. As well, outside routes require more timing, there's less room for forgiveness with the sideline there. When a defense takes away the middle, forces most of the stuff outside, and then throw in there they don't have to worry about the run game, it's an uphill battle all the way. Not only does the defense know we're not running it, now they know 75% of the time the passes are going to be short and to the outside. You might as well just tell the defense what play you're running.

Obviously we need to mix up the personnel packages much more often. It sucks that Green has been out because Tamme and JT can't block for crap.

We've GOT to keep plugging away with running the ball. And we have to utilize CJ more, even if it's some standard screen passes, even dumps in the flat or the middle of the field. The RB is the one receiver the defense can't dictate where he goes. You can't jam him at the line, you can't play inside technique forcing him outside. Marshal Faulk was maybe even more effective as a pass catching RB then a pure runner. My point is, you can feature your RB more ways then giving him a draw play up the middle. Get some designed dump off to CJ. Routes where the WR's take their man deep to give CJ some room to work. He's going to beat a safety or LB on most plays.
    CJ has great hands, a couple of plays it looked like he was gonna go Montee and drop the Ball (pun intended).

The 6 INTs over the last 6 games are very very troubling - you would think that Fox and Gase would adjust the scheme to help out their franchise GOAT QB - but let's not hold our breath on that one.

We can apply the physics of Interstellar here as a gamplan seems to pass through our coaching staff and exits as a 'SH*TULARITY'

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
      I consider myself a casual fan, maybe the top of casual fandom but I don't know anything near what guys like Med or Socal do about football. That said when I can see that from watching just about every snap of every Bronco game, some games more than once a coaching staff motivated to beat them can see it as well.

This is what scares me about Miami, kFc, Chugger, even the Bills at least defensively. All they need to do is play physically on D and protect the ball on O and they can hang with Denver this year. Pressure Manning on 3rd down and once they are close to scoring range (i.e. Bending but not breaking) much like kFc is designed to and they can beat them.

Last year I didn't think anyone could hang with us without turning the ball over, this year I haven't seen that. There are plenty of failings on both sides of the ball and with the OC, DC, and HC this year. They are just not focused.

The real problem is the willingness to depend on Manning to get them out of every bad spot and that just is not going to happen behind this OL. They need to commit to running the ball more. They need to find ways to add some misdirection that catches D's selling out on blitz's and they need to start faster on both sides of the ball.

Vs the Pats with all those A gap blitz's an counter trey should have been there for big gains all day as well as pitches outside with a TE trap blocking down and pinching the edge. Stuff I can see and I am not a coach.

It is hard to tell what is happening at the game from TV but to me on the 1st 4th down conversion attempt it sure looked like Manning was not coming off the field. It did not look like he even looked at the sideline which was a huge mistake once they failed to convert. They should have played FP more if they weren't going to kick the FG. That is something Fox should have called a TO on and forced him off the field if he was going to call that to begin with.

Then there was the rumor that Manning was pissed about Fox not calling TO's when the Rams were running the 1st half clock out. Personally the way that half went I would prefer to go in down by only 6 knowing we were getting the ball but if it is true Manning was mad and barking at him then there is a division in the locker room which needs to be sorted out.
      Good post. I agree with what you said but I can't help but think that our troubles this year have a lot to do with our predictability. NFL coaches have caught on and figured out how to stop us.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
          Good post. I agree with what you said but I can't help but think that our troubles this year have a lot to do with our predictability. NFL coaches have caught on and figured out how to stop us.
          Our gameplan is basically the same every week on offense, so yeah I think that's a big part of it.

Comment

We've turned into the Colts of Manning's later years with them (post superbowl), almost a carbon copy.

Same all star pass rush duo on defence and above average unit in all that folds against the league's elite. Same lack of ability to run, same predictability on offence. Same soft team and the same old realisation that it's ultimately going nowhere in January. There's a blueprint to beat us and we have a plan A and a plan A alone, you get there with 4, hit us in the mouth and go tough on our receivers and Manning gets flustered and goes out of rhythm with them. We're way too finesse and more and more teams are figuring out how to stop us.

Film don't lie like the thread title suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by spiralism View Post
              We've turned into the Colts of Manning's later years with them (post superbowl), almost a carbon copy.

Same all star pass rush duo on defence and above average unit in all that folds against the league's elite. Same lack of ability to run, same predictability on offence. Same soft team and the same old realisation that it's ultimately going nowhere in January. There's a blueprint to beat us and we have a plan A and a plan A alone, you get there with 4, hit us in the mouth and go tough on our receivers and Manning gets flustered and goes out of rhythm with them. We're way too finesse and more and more teams are figuring out how to stop us.

Film don't lie like the thread title suggests.
              Well, for starters, the defense should not be able to get there with 4.
              That sounds like a big problem wit the O Line.
              They should also set up with receivers all on one side, much more often. That's harder to defend, in short yardage situations.
              And, they've got to get the RB moving laterally, with a modicum of success.

Comment

Hmm so what this article is saying is that we got out schemed and out coached...interesting theory

Comment

we have so much talent on this team, it is such a waste to not have a coaching staff that can get the ball to the playmakers. This offensive & defensive staff has ZERO creativity & they are very predictable. Sadly I don't see anything changing this year. Just another wasted season for Manning with no SB ring. Say what you will about Shanny but he was at least creative on the offensive side of the ball
                  Last edited by i4jelway7; 11-19-2014, 05:12 AM.

Comment

One thing not mentioned much is the Rams' success at running the ball against us. One thing the Broncos have been consistently good at but weren't in this game.

Oh, and since the OP failed to provide a link to the posted article, here it is: http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...-lie-broncos-9

Comment

My reality is today we'd be talking 2015 draft alot more

Without Sanders
                      We faced teams not severely missing key players
                      If staff thinks Peyton can carry a team with ANY flaws they are dumber then I thought.
                      I see no energy passion from O except Sanders this season
                      Welker is playing like a guy scared to get hit now (Not that I blame him)
                      Weird but, we are looking like a team that has is playing for a brand new staff new system that's getting to know each other vs one that has been together 3 yrs WTF
                      SB loss hangover I wonder if we just don't have it this season.

Comment

dammit, looking at the avator, i thought it was kaylore who was the op. i didn't realize this until kaylore pointed it out.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
                          dammit, looking at the avator, i thought it was kaylore who was the op. i didn't realize this until kaylore pointed it out.
                          Yeah, I think he's trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                            One thing not mentioned much is the Rams' success at running the ball against us. One thing the Broncos have been consistently good at but weren't in this game.

Oh, and since the OP failed to provide a link to the posted article, here it is: http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...-lie-broncos-9
                            Overall, they kept Mason in check considering the lopsided TOP due to the Denver offense not doing squat.

The two decent runs Mason popped were because of missed tackles by Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
                              Overall, they kept Mason in check considering the lopsided TOP due to the Denver offense not doing squat.

Carter couldn't tackle his pillow at night. He's quite pathetic. Keeping him on the roster all these year to see if he would pan out. He looks out of position and can't even tackle anybody. Wasted pick that guy was.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackGuy View Post

Mason trashed Denver all game.

Comment

Working...
                                X