No announcement yet.

Cold one Sunday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What seems to be the most accurate outlet for Denver weather? Depending on which site you choose I have seen a high of 40 and Sunny or a high if 32 with snow.

Comment

Originally posted by FinaticPatch View Post
      What seems to be the most accurate outlet for Denver weather? Depending on which site you choose I have seen a high of 40 and Sunny or a high if 32 with snow.
      i'd use weather underground

zipcode 80204

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...st?query=80204

Comment

Marino is the only Dolphin HOF player to be inducted that played from his era. Elway had Shannon Sharp. Also think TD, Rod Smith, Atwater and maybe even mecklenburg get in in the next few years. We also had a defense that was in the bottom half of the NFL the vast majority of his career. He had a couple offense weapon here and there and only had 1 1,00o yard rusher his entire career, Kareem Abdul Jamar. Elway had 8 1,000 yard rushers, TD 4 times, Bobby Humphrey 2 times, Sammy Winder and Gaston Green each once.

The facts dont seem to back up this claim.
        Uh, you must have forgotten about Dwight Stephenson.

Elway didn't have Sharp till 1990, yet made it to 3 SB's. Miami was it's own worst enemy and the main reason there were so few 1000 yd rushers. Several came very close, including a 2nd year for Kareem after Marino. Didn't matter if they had them or not, they passed ALL the time. During that time there were rampant rumors that it was Marino that wanted it that way. Whaalaa the year after he leaves, they have a RB with over 1000 yds. Look at the other years for Winder, Green, Humphrey, please. And really, why are we talking about 1000 yd rushers. That's chump change.

But I do agree with you about Elway being the more athletic QB.

Comment

Normally what happens here happens in Denver the next day. We are forecast for snow and a high anywhere from 36-38 on Saturday. And none of those temps are considered frigid, brutal or unbearably cold, just colder than 70 degrees.

Comment

So by that it means high of 36, partly sunny with a chance of snow.

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post
              Uh, you must have forgotten about Dwight Stephenson.

Elway didn't have Sharp till 1990, yet made it to 3 SB's. Miami was it's own worst enemy and the main reason there were so few 1000 yd rushers. Several came very close, including a 2nd year for Kareem after Marino. Didn't matter if they had them or not, they passed ALL the time. During that time there were rampant rumors that it was Marino that wanted it that way. Whaalaa the year after he leaves, they have a RB with over 1000 yds. Look at the other years for Winder, Green, Humphrey, please. And really, why are we talking about 1000 yd rushers. That's chump change.

But I do agree with you about Elway being the more athletic QB.

Case for Marino

Was clearly the far more prolific and superior passing QB (Destroys Elway in TD/INT ratio and has the edge in Comp%, TD%, INT%, YPA, QB rating and pretty much every other passing stat you can think of)

Was 2-1 against Elway and badly outplayed him in head to head meetings (Marino against Broncos: 74-
              118, 62.7 Comp%, 888 yards, 7 TDs, 3 INTs, 7.5 YPA, 94.88 QB rating, Elway against Dolphins: 45-96, 46.9 Comp%, 583 yards, 1 TDs, 3 INTs, 6.1 YPA, 56.9 QB rating)

Never had a rushing attack ranked higher than 13th in his career at a time when a good running game was essential to winning the Super Bowl

Had a top 10 defense only five times in his career, by contrast Elway had a defense that ranked in the top 10 in points allowed per game nine times

Dont get me wrong Elway is an all time top 5 QB in NFL history.

1.Manning
              2.Brady
              3.Montana
              4.Marino
              5.Elway

Be happy you have two QB's on that list.

Comment

I think Marino was a better pure passer than Elway but Elway is easily a better overall football player. I don't really care what the stats say. If only Elway had Shula as his head coach from the beginning rather than Reeves we'd see a boost in Elway's passing numbers.

Comment

Case for Marino

Was clearly the far more prolific and superior passing QB (Destroys Elway in TD/INT ratio and has the edge in Comp%, TD%, INT%, YPA, QB rating and pretty much every other passing stat you can think of)

Was 2-1 against Elway and badly outplayed him in head to head meetings (Marino against Broncos: 74-
                  118, 62.7 Comp%, 888 yards, 7 TDs, 3 INTs, 7.5 YPA, 94.88 QB rating, Elway against Dolphins: 45-96, 46.9 Comp%, 583 yards, 1 TDs, 3 INTs, 6.1 YPA, 56.9 QB rating)

Never had a rushing attack ranked higher than 13th in his career at a time when a good running game was essential to winning the Super Bowl

Had a top 10 defense only five times in his career, by contrast Elway had a defense that ranked in the top 10 in points allowed per game nine times

1.Manning
                  2.Brady
                  3.Montana
                  4.Marino
                  5.Elway

The Elway/Marino debate materially changed when Mike Shanahan came in and showed what Elway could do in a real passing offense. Elway played his best football when given a decent system, and put up stats at the end of his career that rivaled anything Marino ever did.

Marino correspondingly fell off a cliff.

I won't say the respective ends of their careers decisively says Elway was a superior QB. I think both were neck and neck. Especially when you factor in some other things, like Elway's better athleticism...

3,407 rushing yards vs 87 for Marino.

Got tons of respect for Marino. In his prime, he was probably a better passer than Elway. But I'll never agree he was a clearly superior NFL QB.

Comment

Dan Marino should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.

Comment

Case for Marino

1.Manning
                      2.Brady
                      3.Montana
                      4.Marino
                      5.Elway

I'm not going to research a bunch of stats because my philosophy is that stats never tell the whole story. Do not agree with your top 5 but I figure you knew that. This is what I do agree with

Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
                      I think Marino was a better pure passer than Elway but Elway is easily a better overall football player. I don't really care what the stats say. If only Elway had Shula as his head coach from the beginning rather than Reeves we'd see a boost in Elway's passing numbers.
                      As stated, Elway was the more athletic QB and got things done. And yes the Dophins have the record against Denver but Denver wins when it counts....38-3

Comment

Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
                        Good... I think I'd prefer A girl
                        FYP

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                          38 degrees isn't cold. And honestly, seems like Dolphins always have our number. When was the last time we beat them?
                          Exactly. It sounds like the damn people up here in The Pacific NW. It plummeted to 29 for a few days last week and it was end times. I didn't wear a jacket one day when it was 35 and people were legitimately concerned about my well being.

Comment

Now it looks like it is going to be 20+ MPH winds as well

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              38 degrees isn't cold. And honestly, seems like Dolphins always have our number. When was the last time we beat them?
                              I think Latimer is going to play a a key role in our win Sunday. Likely Sanders is back too and I think the three WR line up against their secondary should be DT, Sanders and Latimer.

Let the kid loose. He can catch, get him in the flow and make the day a lot tougher for the fins.

Having Virgil back is a big deal too, can more easily get the run game going with CJ and Juwan and perhaps from Kapri sprinkled in. Bibbs has always been a game time player who tends to show up more impressively in games than at practice.

Kid was a TD machine and Colorado State and hard to stop in the close red zone.

We just need a bit better protection from the Oline at home than we got from them last week in the third consecutive road game on a fast track at the Rams dome, which should not be too tall an order

Cameron will get some pressures and possibly a sack or two, but with a little focus and with both Green and Cornick back hopefully we can manage a better outing at home in front of out fans... and we should win this one by two scores.

Our D just has to be on the ball, stopping the run and pressuring Tannahill while spying him for runs and we should be alright.

Hopefully Foxy and JDR will not shoot us in the foot with any in-game mind farts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamau View Post
                                I think Latimer is going to play a a key role in our win Sunday. Likely Sanders is back too and I think the three WR line up against their secondary should be DT, Sanders and Latimer.

Let the kid loose. He can catch, get him in the flow and make the day a lot tougher for the fins.

Having Virgil back is a big deal too, can more easily get the run game going with CJ and Juwan and perhaps from Kapri sprinkled in. Bibbs has always been a game time player who tends to show up more impressively in games than at practice.

Kid was a TD machine and Colorado State and hard to stop in the close red zone.

We just need a bit better protection from the Oline at home than we got from them last week in the third consecutive road game on a fast track at the Rams dome, which should not be too tall an order

Cameron will get some pressures and possibly a sack or two, but with a little focus and with both Green and Cornick back hopefully we can manage a better outing at home in front of out fans... and we should win this one by two scores.

Our D just has to be on the ball, stopping the run and pressuring Tannahill while spying him for runs and we should be alright.

Hopefully Foxy and JDR will not shoot us in the foot with any in-game mind farts.
                                Rep.

Comment

Working...
                                X