X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    Statistics:

"Statistics is the science of learning from data, and of measuring, controlling, and communicating uncertainty; and it thereby provides the navigation essential for controlling the course of scientific and societal advances."
    (Davidian, M. and Louis, T. A., 10.1126/science.1218685).

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    Definition of science:

"Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") refers to a system that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations."
    (Meriam-Webster)

"Science (Noun) A branch of study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws. eg. 'The Mathematical Sciences'"
    (Dictionary.com)

"NOUN 1. The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of structure through observation and experiment."
    (Oxford)

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoDarin
    replied
    Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
    It's statistics.... also used in integral calculus (in the more theoretical applications).

In other words.... it's science.
    Yes, just like I said in my post (it really wasn't long, you could have read the whole thing!). Also, calculus is math, not science. You can use math in science, but math in and of itself is not science.

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    Originally posted by whoeey View Post
    always have to bring orton into it
    And Griese (avatar).

Leave a comment:

• FinaticPatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
    Yep. Wear your full Dolfan regalia and walk through the parking lot shouting, "Elway sucks! Marino was better!"
    Ill will be wearing my throwback Marino jersey.......hmmmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• whoeey
    replied
    I'm just glad I no longer live in Buffalo. 48" of snow?
    always have to bring orton into it

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    I'm just glad I no longer live in Buffalo. 48" of snow?

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    Up until the Broncos Super Bowl years, Marino had a better supporting cast, generally speaking, too.

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    Originally posted by FinaticPatch View Post
    Honest comparison, Elway was more athletic with a stronger arm, Marino was more accurate with a quicker release. It could be argued Elway also lost more Superbowls (of course that means he made it to more).

On a location basis, Denver 10x >>>>>>>> Miami. Born in south florida and move to Denver 3 months ago from NC. Love it here, cant wait for Sunday. Any tailgate/parking tips?
    1. I like to think of it as he won more conference championships (Elway 5, Marino 1).

2. Marino had a quick release, but I would contest the accuracy, and call it a wash. Elway was also 10x smarter and better at reading defenses, and had better leadership qualities in that his players generally liked him and did what he said... Marino barked at his players.

Leave a comment:

• bronco militia
    replied
    Honest comparison, Elway was more athletic with a stronger arm, Marino was more accurate with a quicker release. It could be argued Elway also lost more Superbowls (of course that means he made it to more).

On a location basis, Denver 10x >>>>>>>> Miami. Born in south florida and move to Denver 3 months ago from NC. Love it here, cant wait for Sunday. Any tailgate/parking tips?
    welcome home....

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied

Yep. Wear your full Dolfan regalia and walk through the parking lot shouting, "Elway sucks! Marino was better!"
    Last edited by Rohirrim; 11-18-2014, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbucks24 View Post
    No site is going to ban you for mentioning that Elway has rings and Marino doesn't. You are full of ****.
    I suggest you Google "banned from Finheaven." Then, you can come back and apologize, dumbass.

Leave a comment:

• FinaticPatch
    replied
    Must be from that Fin site, I forget the name of it. Banned me just because I mentioned that, compared to Elway, Marino ain't got no rings. I was shocked.

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
    That's math, not science (statistics, specifically), and while related, are not the same.
    It's statistics.... also used in integral calculus (in the more theoretical applications).

In other words.... it's science.
    Last edited by Mogulseeker; 11-18-2014, 04:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• whoeey
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbucks24 View Post
    No site is going to ban you for mentioning that Elway has rings and Marino doesn't. You are full of ****.
    Elway threw ducks and Marino didn't

Leave a comment:

Working...
X