X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gort
    replied
    Originally posted by FinaticPatch View Post
    What seems to be the most accurate outlet for Denver weather? Depending on which site you choose I have seen a high of 40 and Sunny or a high if 32 with snow.
    i'd use weather underground

zipcode 80204

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...st?query=80204

Leave a comment:

• FinaticPatch
    replied
    What seems to be the most accurate outlet for Denver weather? Depending on which site you choose I have seen a high of 40 and Sunny or a high if 32 with snow.

Leave a comment:

• ludo21
    replied
    My most vivid Peyton memory is him killing us in a snow game, the guy is fine in cold weather.

Leave a comment:

• errand
    replied
    While it is a team sport, Dan Marino's last two playoffs seasons saw his Dolphins get crushed by the combined score of 100-10

38-3 to Broncos

62-7 to Jags

Leave a comment:

• Gort
    replied
    Originally posted by gunns View Post
    I think those two have been missing from our coaches.
    wait.

are you saying that having Manning take a knee before halftime with 0:45 on the clock and 3 TOs is NOT being aggressive?

because that bit of news might shake Dove Valley to its foundations.

Leave a comment:

• gunns
    replied
    Originally posted by bpc View Post
    so tired about hearing about our QB and the weather. Just f'n play the game. Play hard, smart, fast and aggressive and we will win.
    I think those two have been missing from our coaches.

Leave a comment:

• whoeey
    replied
    If that rams qb whatshisname can throw all over us, tannehill is going to have a field day. Manning better bring a few extra pair of panties as well!

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    Originally posted by TheReverend View Post

The last time we played them
    Ah yes. Thank you, you and others.

Still, we're 5-11-1 all time against Miami. I know I'm starting to creep into "older fan" territory, but my recollection of Miami games as I grew up were a handful of wins sprinkled over an assortment of losses. I hope this week coming home we do better.

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied
    That is actually warm weather.

Leave a comment:

• whoeey
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFox View Post
    Good.. I am very grumpy with the team right now, I say make them play in snow and icky weather and in bad conditions until they start learning to play better under pressure. There is really no other way to put it, other than this team folds under pressure. Soft.. whatever you want to call it, they need to toughen up.
    ^^^^^^This! I don't give a **** if they slide into cheatboro sideways driving a car Johnny Cash built. This team is soft or it's time for action. So far they are , and I mean that TOP to bottom!

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoDarin
    replied
    Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
    Statistics:

"Statistics is the science of learning from data, and of measuring, controlling, and communicating uncertainty; and it thereby provides the navigation essential for controlling the course of scientific and societal advances."
    (Davidian, M. and Louis, T. A., 10.1126/science.1218685).
    1 - http://tinyurl.com/c9rk4f8

B - http://tinyurl.com/kdndyf5

Any more definitions?

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    Look at the players Manning and Brady have brought up... who have tried to go to other teams/QBs and failed miserably.

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    Originally posted by FinaticPatch View Post
    Marino is the only Dolphin HOF player to be inducted that played from his era. Elway had Shannon Sharp. Also think TD, Rod Smith, Atwater and maybe even mecklenburg get in in the next few years. We also had a defense that was in the bottom half of the NFL the vast majority of his career. He had a couple offense weapon here and there and only had 1 1,00o yard rusher his entire career, Kareem Abdul Jamar. Elway had 8 1,000 yard rushers, TD 4 times, Bobby Humphrey 2 times, Sammy Winder and Gaston Green each once.

The facts dont seem to back up this claim.
    You ignore the fact that Elway made those guys good, while Marino couldn't boost up players in his system.

Those are all 1000-yard rushers because Elway had Dan Reeves (and his run-run-pass-punt coaching philosophy) for most of his career.

TD was at the tail-end of Elway's career, and you can't honestly believe that Bobby Humphrey and Sammy Winder are worthy backs? They got yards because they got carries... and that actually hurt Elway's stat-line.

Sharpe was good... we Elway had Rod Smith for a spell, too. I just think that overall Marino had a decent supporting cast. But... I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and call it a wash... I'll even give Marino a slight edge in accuracy. The rest of my post still stands.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFox
    replied
    Good.. I am very grumpy with the team right now, I say make them play in snow and icky weather and in bad conditions until they start learning to play better under pressure. There is really no other way to put it, other than this team folds under pressure. Soft.. whatever you want to call it, they need to toughen up.

Leave a comment:

• FinaticPatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
    Up until the Broncos Super Bowl years, Marino had a better supporting cast, generally speaking, too.

Marino is the only Dolphin HOF player to be inducted that played from his era. Elway had Shannon Sharp. Also think TD, Rod Smith, Atwater and maybe even mecklenburg get in in the next few years. We also had a defense that was in the bottom half of the NFL the vast majority of his career. He had a couple offense weapon here and there and only had 1 1,00o yard rusher his entire career, Kareem Abdul Jamar. Elway had 8 1,000 yard rushers, TD 4 times, Bobby Humphrey 2 times, Sammy Winder and Gaston Green each once.

The facts dont seem to back up this claim.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X