Sort of On Topic - Fantasy Football payouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort of On Topic - Fantasy Football payouts

Why is online poker illegal but Fantasy Football via sites like Fan Duel not?

They are betting on players to win them money right? No different than betting on cards right?

I don't play fantasy so maybe I am missing something.

It falls under fantasy football which isn't regulated like gambling. Some states it is illegal though. I do fanduel and it is pretty fun.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
      It falls under fantasy football which isn't regulated like gambling. Some states it is illegal though. I do fanduel and it is pretty fun.
      Did you make $31k in a week like the dude in the commercial?

I would rather sink my money into online poker than have to learn fantasy football. The only problem with that is when some idiot comes in and goes all in and gets lucky with a suited 3 - 7 and beats my bullets which happened last night on the free WSOP site.

Comment

Some states consider it illegal gambling. I saw a good article on it awhile back. I'll see if I can dig it up. Sounded to me like it was turning into an issue in some states.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
          Why is online poker illegal but Fantasy Football via sites like Fan Duel not?

They are betting on players to win them money right? No different than betting on cards right?

I don't play fantasy so maybe I am missing something.
          I play on draftkings.com

It is fun, I really like it. They have a $25 Min buy in, and each league starts at 0.25 Cents and goes all they way up to $5,300. Or free ones if that is your thing.

I don't know about the legalities of it.

Unfortunately you never know whats going to happen that week in the NFL, so it is always a gamble, but once you get into the swing of things it is not too hard to make money on it, there are just so many stupid people out there.

You COULD make 31k in a week. But you would have to either have a GREAT week, bet ALOT of money, or be really lucky. You can def make money on it, but 31K is definitely not common.
          Last edited by Kevin8Nine; 09-24-2014, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
            , there are just so many stupid people out there.
            The problem is that sometimes stupid people get lucky, guess it is true in everything that is played for sport.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
              The problem is that sometimes stupid people get lucky, guess it is true in everything that is played for sport.
              Whats that old saying?

"When you're the best, its not the second best you have to worry about. Its the worst you have to worry about because you don't have a clue what the idiot is going to do."

Comment

Working...
              X