Chiefs lose another starter for year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs lose another starter for year

Chiefs right tackle Jeff Allen had surgery Friday on his right elbow and will likely be out the rest of the season, the latest blow to a team already ravaged by injuries and suspensions.

Allen hurt his elbow after starting Sunday's season-opening loss to Tennessee. In the same game, Pro Bowl linebacker Derrick Johnson and starting defensive tackle Mike DeVito ruptured their right Achilles tendons, ending their seasons.

Allen was supposed to be the starting left guard, but he moved to right tackle when Donald Stephenson was suspended four games for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing drugs policy.

Ryan Harris is expected to start at right tackle when the Chiefs visit Denver on Sunday.

http://www.kwch.com/sports/chiefs-ri...-year/28033258

I heard he's being operated on by Dr. Moon!

Comment

Hmm. This might cause Fox to take his foot off the pedal after the first score.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
        Hmm. This might cause JDR to take his foot off the pedal after the first score.
        FYP...

Comment

Isn't he dog poop anyways?

Comment

You guys really need to get over it..

Comment

Back to their 2-14 ways?

Hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by KansasBronco View Post
                Chiefs right tackle Jeff Allen had surgery Friday on his right elbow and will likely be out the rest of the season, the latest blow to a team already ravaged by injuries and suspensions.

Allen hurt his elbow after starting Sunday's season-opening loss to Tennessee. In the same game, Pro Bowl linebacker Derrick Johnson and starting defensive tackle Mike DeVito ruptured their right Achilles tendons, ending their seasons.

Allen was supposed to be the starting left guard, but he moved to right tackle when Donald Stephenson was suspended four games for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing drugs policy.

Ryan Harris is expected to start at right tackle when the Chiefs visit Denver on Sunday.

http://www.kwch.com/sports/chiefs-ri...-year/28033258
                So much for making a joke about them picking up a former Bronco.

Comment

Harris was good before his back disintegrated

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
                    Harris was good before his back disintegrated
                    Basically in 2008, which was the only year he ever started a full allotment of games for the Broncos. Kubiak picked him up in Houston and he was never quite the same. To be honest, Harris always had these issues and it was one of the reasons why he fell a bit in the draft even after a quality career at Notre Dame. I was really happy when we selected him, but he just never worked out.

That was the same draft I was hoping we'd get Crowder and Marshawn Lynch. Even pined for Brandon Mebane.

Comment

This harkens me back to my days growing up in the Hunan Province. Ryan and I would smear ochre on our cheeks while playing hide-and-seek in the rice paddies just outside the village. I still tear up when the pungent smell of burning hickory wafts through the air.
                      Last edited by pricejj; 09-12-2014, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                        This harkens me back to my days growing up in the Hunan Province. Ryan and I would smear ochre on our cheeks while playing hide-and-seek in the rice paddies just outside the village. I still tear up when the pungent smell of burning hickory wafts through the air.

Comment

this makes me sad

Comment

Working...
                          X