Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect Jay Cutler article, references his Bronco years as well, Never Jays fault!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Jay Cutler article, references his Bronco years as well, Never Jays fault!

Finally someone wrote an artcile about things not being Jay's fault. I remember hearing that from Bronco years, and then once we traded him and all the Bears fans said it was biggest mistake the Broncos will ever make. I laughed and said that hes not a franchise QB, you will see. This article gets it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ver-just-right

We need SoCal to come in here and give us his side of the story.

Wanted to give the article a 9 but could only come up with a 6. It was pretty good until the very end...just like a Jay Cutler game or season.
    Last edited by broncocalijohn; 09-11-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples Champ View Post
      Finally someone wrote an artcile about things not being Jay's fault. I remember hearing that from Bronco years, and then once we traded him and all the Bears fans said it was biggest mistake the Broncos will ever make. I laughed and said that hes not a franchise QB, you will see. This article gets it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ver-just-right
      In hindsight, I'm glad we're rid of him... but you can imagine how dominant would could have been had McD not pissed away the picks for him.

He has franchise talent, and at the time he was playing like a franchise QB. I wanted to hold on to him because of his cannon arm, escapability, and the fact that I thought he was a smart guy per his Vanderbilt degree and relatively high(ish) wonderlic score.

And who knows, maybe he can be a perennial pro-bowler with good talent. But he's not the type of QB who makes the o-line and WRs look better than they are, so I wouldn't consider him "franchise."

I've learned a lot of factors make up a franchise QB. I could have sworn Brady Quinn was going to be a great... he had all the measurables (and even intangibles) - smart, strong, accurate, escapability, work ethic. But there are certain things you can't teach like pocket presence, and the "it" factor that Brady Quinn doesn't have.

Comment

We need Tim Tebow to come in here and give us hope again.

Comment

It's a pretty complex flow, but essentially for Cutler we got Kyle Orton, Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith, and Seth Olsen.

We all know about Kyle Orton.

The only solid player on that list is Robert Ayers, and now he's with the Giants and hasn't nearly lived up to the potential of being a mid-first round pick.

Comment

Don't care.

Comment

There's some ESPN writer with a different viewpoint.....yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                There's some ESPN writer with a different viewpoint.....yawn.
                lol. till death do you part, eh SoCal?

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                  The premise of the article seems super flawed to me.

"Blameless Jay"?

...not many QBs get nearly the kinds of HEAPS of **** blamed on them like Cutler does. The article itself kinda exhibiting that even further...
                  You think he is deserving of the contract the Bears gave him?

Comment

Doesn't matter if he's "worth it". Market conditions dictate the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
                      It's a pretty complex flow, but essentially for Cutler we got Kyle Orton, Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith, and Seth Olsen.

The only solid player on that list is Robert Ayers, and now he's with the Giants and hasn't nearly lived up to the potential of being a mid-first round pick.
                      And Demaryious Thomas
                      And Eric Decker

Comment

Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post

That is inaccurate. Try again - ol typical orange mane poster that doesn't know what the **** they're talking about.

In regards to the article...the last line

But with the 49ers and 0-2 looming, a season that started as a Bears fairy tale now seems to have little chance of ending happily ever after.
                        So the season is over if they start off 0-2?

Dumbass sky is falling writer. Must have hired him from OMane.

Comment

Jay Cutler best QB in broncos history

Comment

I was in love with Cutler ...until I actually went to a game and SAW him play.
                            I sat in the first row , 50 yard line, 10 feet from Cutler. Saw his attitude on the bench between series. Saw him in leadership FAIL. Saw his disinterest in being coached and looking at the game pictures. I knew after that game he would never really amount to much unless his whole personality changed.

He was, and likely still is, a complete HEAD case, all about Jay Cutler.

Wasn't surprised when he went ape shyt over being shopped a bit and ended up getting traded. Too bad the picks were wasted...but Chicago got raped in that deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                              That is inaccurate. Try again - ol typical orange mane poster that doesn't know what the **** they're talking about.

In regards to the article...the last line

So the season is over if they start off 0-2?

Dumbass sky is falling writer. Must have hired him from OMane.
                              Thank God we have Action here to set everyone straight. Where would we be without Action?

Is the season over for the Bears? Well, since 1990, 13.75% of those teams make the playoffs. Add that Detroit and Minnesota both won last week and they probably will be all alone in 4th place (last) in their division. SF and Seattle are going to the playoffs so there goes one wild card spot. So yeah, it looks pretty bleak for the Chicago Bears. But what do I know, I am an Omane poster.
                              Last edited by broncocalijohn; 09-11-2014, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X