Broncos vs. Colts: Game Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mediator12 View Post
    Is that a special Denver blend I thought you lived in Cali!
    Ha, nice catch.

Comment

I thought Ball look a little lack luster. I know some of it was the O-line but on the 4 carries CJ got he found holes. I then stumbled across this and it is a prime example of what a huge problem. Does Ball have the Vision or is he just missing the hole ?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1410368163
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
        Shipley's from Penn State. Impossible to beat.
        Also, Shipley had been on this team before...so its not someone totally foreign stepping into the role

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
          I thought Ball look a little lack luster. I know some of it was the O-line but on the 4 carries CJ got he found holes. I then stumbled across this and it is a prime example of what a huge problem. Does Ball have the Vision or is he just missing the hole ?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1410368163
          Comparing to CJ is completely misguided. CJ ran against the Colts pass defense which is always going to be much more open.

That specific play is a stretch left. The reason there are holes you pointed out is that a player is in the backfield who used to occupy one of those gaps. So that specific play is clearly blocking, on a stretch play like that, only the player on the backside should be unblocked and he won't be able to get through in time. I am guessing the center didn't engage the DT long enough for the guard to pick up the block and the guard and DT end up in the backfield in front of Ball.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
            Shipley's from Penn State. Impossible to beat.
            Looks like good ol' Allan Quay was an All-American in 2008 and scored a 40 on the wonderlic. Filled in admirably considering the circumstances. Wish the Broncos could find backup Center's like that.

Comment

Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post
              Comparing to CJ is completely misguided. CJ ran against the Colts pass defense which is always going to be much more open.

That specific play is a stretch left. The reason there are holes you pointed out is that a player is in the backfield who used to occupy one of those gaps. So that specific play is clearly blocking, on a stretch play like that, only the player on the backside should be unblocked and he won't be able to get through in time. I am guessing the center didn't engage the DT long enough for the guard to pick up the block and the guard and DT end up in the backfield in front of Ball.
              What about the huge hole to the left ? He took two stabs at the middle then went left. Just not buying it. I wan tto like him I really do but I did not see it in that game. Heres hoping to a better second game.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                What about the huge hole to the left ? He took two stabs at the middle then went left. Just not buying it. I wan tto like him I really do but I did not see it in that game. Heres hoping to a better second game.
                A little more improvising when the designed play just isn't there. Man I miss Barry Sanders running.

Comment

I don't think Manning was totally off either, but I do think he missed on some things in the 2nd half but hey, nobody is perfect all game long. He's human, he's allowed to miss a few passes here and there. By far the biggest reason for lack of offensive production in 2nd half was dropped passes that stalled drives.

Comment

Working...
                  X