Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LeSean McCoy - SCUM. Get rid of him Goodell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeSean McCoy - SCUM. Get rid of him Goodell!

left a $0.20 tip on a $61.56 bill!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/lesean-mccoy-t...152436539.html

If I was pissed about the service I would have tipped 0.01.
    That's kinda awesome though.

Comment

Why 20 cents? That's so random...

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
        Why 20 cents? That's so random...
        2 cents(an opinion x 10)

Comment

Any waiter or restaurant that posts a receipt/tip from any customer deserves no tip.

Comment

Cut him and bring him in for a run off with lady puncher

Comment

What's this "gratuity"? I didn't order no gratuity! Which one of y'all ate the gratuity?

Comment

I normally over tip, but if I am pissed and they were horrible I am more likely to leave an F U tip like this than nothing.

Comment

Waiter cops to forgetting food, just like "I only had 2 beers, officer!"

Comment

could have been piss poor service and he was trying to make a point by dropping a duece.

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                      could have been piss poor service and he was trying to make a point by dropping a duece.
                      he actually took money out of the waiter's pocket.

the IRS assumes that waiters make a certain % of their gross sales as tips and mandate that this amount gets declared as income to be taxed. last i looked, that was 8%. so tipping anything less than 2-3% is probably a net negative tip. the waiter will have to pay taxes on money they didn't even make. of course, it all averages out in the long run because the waiter will make higher tips on other tables.

i wouldn't stiff a waiter for bad service. i'd just tell them what they did wrong (privately) and still leave 15%. i was a waiter and bartender a million years ago when i was in college and i know how crummy those jobs can be. for good service, i tip 20-25%.

FWIW, Michael Jordan is a notoriously poor tipper no matter how high the check is. even Charles Barkley has called him out for being cheap. in fact, Jordan routinely left $0.00 tips. lots of athletes are lousy tippers and it has nothing to do with bad service.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/a...26287/air-sick

Comment

This was not the waiter posting the image, it is the official restaurant Facebook page. Stay classy Philly.

For what it is worth, the link is filled with comments from other Philly area waiters claiming that McCoy lever left them less than 25% when they waited on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gort View Post

the IRS assumes that waiters make a certain % of their gross sales as tips and mandate that this amount gets declared as income to be taxed. last i looked, that was 8%. so tipping anything less than 2-3% is probably a net negative tip. the waiter will have to pay taxes on money they didn't even make. of course, it all averages out in the long run because the waiter will make higher tips on other tables.

i wouldn't stiff a waiter for bad service. i'd just tell them what they did wrong (privately) and still leave 15%. i was a waiter and bartender a million years ago when i was in college and i know how crummy those jobs can be. for good service, i tip 20-25%.

FWIW, Michael Jordan is a notoriously poor tipper no matter how high the check is. even Charles Barkley has called him out for being cheap. in fact, Jordan routinely left $0.00 tips. lots of athletes are lousy tippers and it has nothing to do with bad service.

Well, he didn't, the IRS is the real thief in this scenario.

Comment

It's not uncommon for players to be assholes, my experiences in Pittsburgh:
                            1 - Keenan Lewis signed a 5 years $26mil deal to play for New Orleans, but before he left Pittsburgh went drinking with friends at a local bar. Paid his $350 tab and left $0 tip.
                            2 - But at least he PAID his tab ... Ben Roethlisberger is unofficially blacklisted from all bars in Pittsburgh's South Side because he's known to just walk out of a bar, or refuses to pay his tab.
                            3 - But then at one particular small bar ... Ike Taylor (CB) often hangs out there, as do a LOT of the Pittsburgh Penguins, never a problem, and they always tip with a $20 or a 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Gort View Post

wrong! you do know that restaurants have to pay the waiter/waitress if they make less than minimum wage? If the the waiter worked 20hrs that paycheck but only claimed $20 in tips, the restaurant has to make up the difference. That includes the $2.15 the waiter makes per hours.

i would stiff a waiter for bad service, why not? a tip is a tip and nothing more. you work hard and do your job, i tip. you are lazy, my food is cold and i keep having to wave you down because you can't remember to bring me some hot sauce, u get nothing. That is the problem with the US, all these lazy people who are self entitled.

before you start talking crap, i waited tables at a decent restaurant and worked room service at a hotel. i worked my butt off everyday, running to make sure the customer gets what they need. always walking around near the dinning area so customers know im around. i don't ever hang in the kitchen and talk bs. i did however play baseball in the kitchen with a broom stick and cellophane wrapped as a ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X