Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manning off in second half, or his receivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncosfanGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
    Caldwell crap?

What about that crazy runback?
    caught from behind by #95...not too shabby

Leave a comment:

• mhgaffney
    replied
    Caldwell crap?

What about that crazy runback?

Leave a comment:

• BroncosfanGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by bowtown View Post
    Because Latimer has been playing in this offense for 2 months. Caldwell has been playing in it for 2 years.
    considering Caldwell's play, it still doesn't make sense

Leave a comment:

• bowtown
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
    still can't figure this one out.
    Because Latimer has been playing in this offense for 2 months. Caldwell has been playing in it for 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosfanGuy
    replied
    is there any reason Caldwell would get more PT than Latimer this week? I mean legitimate reason?
    still can't figure this one out.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Great post jmz. I'm a card carrying Peyton Manning apologist but I have to agree with what you're saying.

Leave a comment:

• jmz313
    replied
    The second half looked like typical Off-Manning. Happy feet, throwing the ball into areas near receivers but not at them as to say "thats where you were supposed to be". Its what I've always seen in him when he's seeing stuff he doesn't want to see... Regardless of the team he's on (indy/denver).

What makes him the Best passer ever is in a way his downfall (even if only 3 games a season every season)... his game planning and perfectionism. He doesn't instinctively play QB, He methodically plays QB.

Leave a comment:

• 55CrushEm
    replied
    Even if we all agree that Manning was off a bit......he still had a passer rating of over 100.

In short, Manning is the boobies.

Leave a comment:

• ZONA
    replied
    Originally posted by Lestat View Post
    DT is a different type of animal. He is fast but not burner, he is physical but not "go up and get it", he's a match up nightmare but he is not the tear the cover off of the D and dominate down the field guy.

He is elite at bubble screens, can kill you over the middle, on crossers and slants.
    Don't even know how to reply to this really. I've seen DT blaze past plenty of guys and has plenty of break away speed. For a man his size, his acceleration is big time as well. He can go up and get balls, are you kidding me? It's just that Manning usually throws the balls to where he doesn't need to sky up for them. If what you're saying is he's not some 190 pound WR that can run a fly every other pattern and stretch the D then ok, I can go with that.

Leave a comment:

• strafen
    replied
    is there any reason Caldwell would get more PT than Latimer this week? I mean legitimate reason?
    I too want to see Latimer get some action.
    They went conservative with the more experienced receiver over the rookie, I believe Latimer will hold his own when given the chance
    I'm looking forward to see that moment...

Leave a comment:

• strafen
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    During the game I couldn't help wonder if Manning was getting frazzled by the better pressure and tighter coverage the Colts were playing on defense in the second half. He overthrew a number of receivers and I wondered why.

Then I saw this video

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...a-f85173015080

If you go to 5:23 you see Manning overthrow a decently open Caldwell down the left sideline. But then you hear Michael Irvin call out Caldwell for running the route wrong. He recognizes it immediately and explains how coverage dictates that Manning threw it where it needed to go.

When you factor in the drops, most of which came in the second half, and guys like Demaryius were non-factors, I don't think Manning was intimidated. I think the other guys were gassed. People can cite conservative play calling, but we were taking shots down the field. And even when things looked off, there's more to the story.

I think we miss Welker. If the NFLPA agrees to the new deal, hopefully Welk can play this week.
    I think it was DT who was off.
    That was a huge part of the game plan Manning couldn't connect the dots with.
    I believe that killed his rythm...he may have been forced to go other routes and/or recievers when he felt DT wasn't having his best day...

Leave a comment:

• Hamrob
    replied
    Go look at PM as a rookie. He was all over the place.

So, you take Welker out, and you move Sanders inside, and Caldwell outside.

PM likes to get the ball out in 2 seconds or less.....so, now it looks different. He's off by a beat. Not good for PM.

And, his #1 guy he can always count on? Well that guy, DT drops everything that night.

PM likes to practice, practice, practice....perfection, perfection, perfection....so, when he had to ad lib...not so good. Never has been with him. He's like a fish out of water when that happens.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by SportinOne View Post
    As good as DT is, he doesn't seem to have ever been good at the deep ball or jump balls in general. I'm not sure what that is. 4.38 forty and 6'4" - it's strange. However, all indications are that Latimer is great at both of those things. Would love to see them work Cody in slowly and eventually use him to exploit mismatches with the Tony Carters of the NFL.
    DT is a different type of animal. He is fast but not burner, he is physical but not "go up and get it", he's a match up nightmare but he is not the tear the cover off of the D and dominate down the field guy.

He is elite at bubble screens, can kill you over the middle, on crossers and slants.

Leave a comment:

• Vegas_Bronco
    replied
    Caldwell looked like crap out there...I can't wait for Welker to be back.

That said, I'm not out there, so just my fan opine.

Leave a comment:

• SportinOne
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
    Yep and even saying that he didn't run a very good route there in the 4th quarter.

I would like to see them put Latimer in and let him run a slant or drag out of the slot just to get him some touches and a comfort level. Hell even running that end run that Sanders ran would be some nice experience.
    As good as DT is, he doesn't seem to have ever been good at the deep ball or jump balls in general. I'm not sure what that is. 4.38 forty and 6'4" - it's strange. However, all indications are that Latimer is great at both of those things. Would love to see them work Cody in slowly and eventually use him to exploit mismatches with the Tony Carters of the NFL.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X