X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDR: "We've Got Enough Points Already"

DeMarcus Ware Mic'ed up:

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mic’d up is back folks, happy to bring you DeMarcus Ware wired against the Colts <a href="http://t.co/zs0sqt1l5m">http://t.co/zs0sqt1l5m</a> <a href="http://t.co/zBL4WsIwT8">pic.twitter.com/zBL4WsIwT8</a></p>&mdash; Chris Hall (@BroncosTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/BroncosTV/status/509375280863928321">September 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...f-e160d9b4a735

At about 1:40 into the video JDR tells the defense that the Broncos have enough points already and that they just need to close them out.

To me this is unbelievable. This ultra conservative attitude by JDR and Fox is going to cost this team some games. It nearly did Sunday night.

Your thoughts?<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    Last edited by mennonite; 09-09-2014, 09:49 AM.

breaking news?

Comment

So the Defense Coordinator is now responsible for scoring more points? I had no idea.

Or perhaps he is suggesting that the Offense has already done their part, and the Defense needs to step up.

Either way - I am completely mortified.

Comment

Wow, this thread sucks ass.

Comment

hes saying they have scored enough points to win a football game and the defense needs to finish it off. not that they should close up shop because they hit a certain number of points.

Comment

Rev said it in another thread, but isn't that exactly the mindset you want the DEFENSIVE coordinator to have?

Comment

What a stupid thing to get upset about. You know he runs the defense right?

Comment

Originally posted by outdoor_miner View Post
                So the Defense Coordinator is now responsible for scoring more points? I had no idea.

Or perhaps he is suggesting that the Offense has already done their part, and the Defense needs to step up.

That's what I took from it.

Comment

Originally posted by outdoor_miner View Post

Or could it possibly be "We've got a lead, lets not take any unnecessary chances"?

Impossible. Not with Fox and JDR.

Let's play it safe, and just sit back and let the Colts go on a 2 minute 80 yard td drive to close out the first half.

Comment

Everyone knows Fox coaching style..we saw how our team prepared for the SB.
                    He might have said "We reached SB..We did enough".

Comment

Some people won't be happy until we start losing. Having to dig to find stuff to bitch about is just tough. Much easier when we flat our lose.

Comment

Originally posted by go_broncos View Post
                        Everyone knows Fox coaching style..we saw how our team prepared for the SB.
                        He might have said "We reached SB..We did enough".
                        umm, not too shabby?

Comment

If you listen to the whole speech he is saying "do your job. We have enough points. Close the door." I took that to mean "Quit waiting for the offense to bail you out and get a stop. I actually think the offense not staying on the field had as much to do with our defense folding in the second half, but I like that mindset, where they should be stopping guys and 31 points is enough to beat anyone.

I like Mennonite as a poster, but the thread premise is pretty reactive and silly.

Comment

The point is he should never say "Enough points".
                            We all know what happens in NFL.

Comment

Did the defense play differently after they got the lead?

The game plan should be "We are kicking their ass. Keep doing what you are doing and finish these ****ers." Not "We've got enough of a lead, so let's play it safe and run out the clock."

Comment

Working...
                              X