Should Goodell Step Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Goodell Step Down?

... as a result of the NFL's failure to adequately investigate the Ray Rice case before imposing a 2-game suspension, and in taking no further action until the elevator tape became public?

Poll forthcoming.
    Yes
    63.41%
    No
    16.46%
    Insufficient Information at this Point
    10.98%
    Foneco
    9.15%

The poll is expired.

I think Goodell should kick rocks for many reasons before this stuff even happened.

Comment

Goodell should step down as a result of being a terrible commissioner. Ray Rice is just the straw that broke the Camel's back.

Comment

Absolutely. For many reasons.

Comment

Mainly for the "Ray Rice" situation. But his entire era has been a huge pain.

Comment

Yes, this is just another in a long line of screw ups for him. Making it all up as you go isn't good policy.

Condi Rice for commissioner!

Comment

Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
              Goodell should step down as a result of being a terrible commissioner. Ray Rice is just the straw that broke the Camel's back.
              This.

Comment

What difference does it make? He'll just be replaced by another highly paid flunky. The owners call the tune and Goodell makes millions to take the flak.

Being mad at Goodell is like people getting pissed off at Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and not the guy with his hand up his butt.
                Last edited by mennonite; 09-09-2014, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I vote no. The NFL is in the great shape. While his decision making on some things are questionable but ultimately he corrected the Rice decision.

Comment

This question is not specific enough. If you are asking if he should step down for how he handled the NFL as a whole, then yes. If your asking if he should step down for how he handled the Ray Rice situation, only, then no.

EDIT: Nevermind. I should have read the whole post. The answer is no.
                    Last edited by HILife; 09-09-2014, 09:14 AM.

Comment

There are many reasons Goodell should step down and the entire Ray Rice situation simply adds more fuel to the file. The biggest problem with Goodell, is that the Players despise him. I know he works primarily for the Owners, but you need a certain level of mutual respect between management and labor for any enterprise to function long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                        Yes, this is just another in a long line of screw ups for him. Making it all up as you go isn't good policy.

Condi Rice for commissioner!
                        REP! Someone that actually loves and understands the history of football.

Comment

Nah he makes 35 mil a year I believe. Why would he step down?

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
                            There are many reasons Goodell should step down and the entire Ray Rice situation simply adds more fuel to the file. The biggest problem with Goodell, is that the Players despise him. I know he works primarily for the Owners, but you need a certain level of mutual respect between management and labor for any enterprise to function long-term.
                            The owners love him because he is making them a ton of money. I believe the players who do not like him have had run-ins with him. Don't want the Ginger hammer to come down on you? Don't **** up.

Comment

I think no, but I do not like this commish at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X