What's up with our crappy field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with our crappy field?

What's the deal with the turf at Sports Authority Field? I vaguely remember hearing about some high school games that were going to be played there over the weekend, so I'm sure that contributed. But it was bad at the one preseason game I attended, as well.

It's a little embarrassing to have a Sunday Night game, and have the middle of the field look like a beach, from all the sand they've put in to cover up the dead grass. Someone is going to end up getting hurt, playing on that crap. And this is the beginning of September. What's it going to be like for December games?

Michaels and Collinsworth made comments about it last night, they were talking about it on NFL Radio today, and I've seen at least a few comments about it this AM from national columnists. Wasn't it just a year or so ago when the grounds crew at a Super Bowl hosting stadium were consulting with our grounds crew? The Broncos should be raising hell with the City of Denver, demanding that it gets immediately fixed.

It's intentional. Meant to toughen this team of pussies up.

Comment

The head groundsman, who had worked for the Broncos for like 20 years, retired at the end of last year. That could be part of the problem.

Comment

Simply, we have had more rainfall ariund the city. I think that and use are the biggest contributing factors

Comment

They've had a few Molly induced raves on the field lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
            They've had a few Molly induced raves on the field lately.
            Our groundskeepers should maybe call the Churchill Downs groundskeepers.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
              It's intentional. Meant to toughen this team of pussies up.
              LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
                Our groundskeepers should maybe call the Churchill Downs groundskeepers.
                The groundskeepers were going to fertilize the grass until they got high...
                The groundskeepers were going to aerate the grass but then they got high....

The field at Mile High is still messed up and I know why!
                Because they got high...Because they got high...because they got high!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WeYsTmIzjkw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                Last edited by Meck77; 09-08-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I heard fake football (soccer) games were played on it. If so I'm ****ing outraged.

Comment

Go old school and install an infield with DiamondTex and all in the northwest corner.

That'll save on grass costs.

Comment

Oakland A's have been secretly training there.

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post
                        I heard fake football (soccer) games were played on it. If so I'm ****ing outraged.
                        Ya a few Denver media twitter-heads were saying this same thing pre-game. I wish that stadium was built similar to Arizona's with option to open & close roof. That way Broncos could host SB some year too.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                          LMAO
                          Lol, I was thinking of Slap Shot when the team was taking a sledgehammer to their bus to look tough....

Comment

I never paid attention to the field but then I did notice how crappy it was because they were talking about it in the Chiefplanet forum... I watched the opening game last year against the Ravens last night and the field was crap last year too. What is up with that?

Some people need to get fired over this because whatever they are trying isn't working.

Comment

This should help immensely -

http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmil...-fest-sideshow

Comment

Working...
                              X