Was it the O-line or Ball ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it the O-line or Ball ?

He just looked a little flat to me . Looked like he gave a100 percent but didn't put up that 120 percent that is needed to be a great back. I also understand that the I-line needs work in the run game but there were holes to be had.

OL

He was getting hit in the backfield frequently, thankfully he was still gaining yards

Comment

I'll have to watch the tape again to be certain, but it seemed like he was being met in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage a lot during the game. I'll admit, he didn't show any real break away speed, but he pretty consistently shook off the first tackler and fell forward. That has to be worth something.

Comment

He broke nine tackles and all but 12 of his yards came after contact. OL was garbage last night.

Comment

The line got its ass kicked.

Ball did a good job getting what he could.

I also don't understand all the pulling plays that took forever to develop.

The Colts backside defenders were eating that up.

Comment

The style of some of those runs looked odd to me. Longer developing. Some of them it looked like ball was coming in too close to manning to recieve the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkana7 View Post
              He broke nine tackles and all but 12 of his yards came after contact. OL was garbage last night.
              That is a interesting stat. Good to know. Thank s

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                He just looked a little flat to me . Looked like he gave a100 percent but didn't put up that 120 percent that is needed to be a great back. I also understand that the I-line needs work in the run game but there were holes to be had.
                That was the OL. He was getting hit 3 yards behind the LOS but still gaining positive yardage.

Comment

Offensive line is offensive at running the ball

Comment

Colts wanted to pressure and had 8 men up, DT had a down game he really should have been able to beat some one on ones.

JT was the man because they used their LB's and safeties in run support.

I would like to see them use Sanders more on those sweeps and end runs. That would help keep the D from keying on Ball.

What was funny is that they motioned Sanders into the Backfield on a 3rd and short that we did convert then realized that motioning Sanders doesn't mean anything unless you actually run him at least once then shortly after that he had his Harvin like end run.

Gase needs to design more plays and Manning has to let him call them.

Comment

Both. Putting more blame on Ball though. He looked like he was running in quick sand all night. Anderson looked much better in his limited action. One thing I hope the coaching staff learned...give CJ more than 4 touches when Ball consistently isn't getting it done!

Comment

It looked like a scheme thing. The Colts were not defending the pass at all and generated no pass rush in the first half. It looked like Gase anticipated a much more blitz heavy plan from the Colts in the 2nd half and it never materialized so they stuck to defending the run first and we kept running into that defense. I think a switch to a more generic Broncos pass offense early in the 3rd quarter would have put more points on the board.

I do like that they kept going to Ball, it shows confidence in him.

Comment

Originally posted by maher_tyler View Post
                          Both. Putting more blame on Ball though. He looked like he was running in quick sand all night. Anderson looked much better in his limited action. One thing I hope the coaching staff learned...give CJ more than 4 touches when Ball consistently isn't getting it done!
                          Wouldn't mind seeing what Thompson can do with a couple touches, especially vs the one dimensional kFc D this week.

Comment

Little of both, as others have said, Indy was in the backfield constantly after the snap.

OL run blocking was piss-poor to put it lightly.

Comment

Stop making threads Quoydogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X