Brandon Marshall WTF ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Marshall WTF ?

Marshall had the lowest grade on defense at -2.7 due to coverage problems. Allowed 8 rec on 10 targets for 75 yards.

Stole this from another tread but I think this is thread worthy. Holy crap batman we have found a HUGE problem.

I understand that he is a back up player but 8 rec. on 10 targets Geez.
    Does anyone know what downs these came on ?

Didn't Marshall wrap up Andrew Luck on fourth and goal and get us the ball back? Maybe we should take it easy on the kid, I think he had a tough assignment and should only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
      Didn't Marshall wrap up Andrew Luck on fourth and goal and get us the ball back? Maybe we should take it easy on the kid, I think he had a tough assignment and should only get better.
      Like I said I know he is a fill in at this point but Luck went 8 for 10 against him. That is a HUGE problem.

Comment

Probably something to do with all the underneath passes the Broncos were willing to give up and they attributed it to him.

I thought he did a fine job, even had a pass break up.

Comment

Marshall is a young, backup, fringe roster player. What do you think was going to happen after Trevathan went down?

Thanks for the telling stat, it helps put things in perspective for all the chicken littles.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
            Allowed 8 rec on 10 targets for 75 yards.
            Wow. Just read this last week:
            ...they need two linebackers who can cover in nickel. On this note, it was surprising that Wesley Woodyard was not retained. The only proven pass defending backer on the roster is now Danny Trevathan, who has excellent movement skills and is developing more awareness.
            http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/03/denver...s-preview-nfl/

Benoit nailed this problem area!

Comment

A lot of folks beat me to it but He wasn't playing man he was in deep weak side seam zone guarding against the TE's not in man. which is the only way he could be responsible. Most of those completions were to Bradshaw on the swing routes as the dump-off receiver IIRC.

Comment

His coverage skills are lacking for sure.

Didnt expect him to flat out let a guy tiptoe down the sidelines for a TD though.

Comment

You have to think we'll see more of Barrow as the seasons progresses. In the preseason he was the best cover linebacker on the team.

Comment

All I know is Tony Carter is happy when he is on the field.

BTW, we sure did see Tony Carter a lot for someone that was supposed to barely see the field as a #6 CB.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                      All I know is Tony Carter is happy when he is on the field.

BTW, we sure did see Tony Carter a lot for someone that was supposed to barely see the field as a #6 CB.
                      you'd have to ask Bolden about that.

Comment

I thought Omar Bolden was supposed to be the 5th CB. Webster better get his head out of his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                          Marshall had the lowest grade on defense at -2.7 due to coverage problems. Allowed 8 rec on 10 targets for 75 yards.

Stole this from another tread but I think this is thread worthy. Holy crap batman we have found a HUGE problem.

I understand that he is a back up player but 8 rec. on 10 targets Geez.
                          Does anyone know what downs these came on ?
                          8 receptions isn't good, but allowing 75 yards on those 8 receptions is not too shabby.

Comment

TC is the gift that keeps on giving. It goes wrong even when he does it right like his position on that TD pass. The yellow flag was right on cue for him though.

Talib has to stay healthy. He is a difference maker out there. Imagine if he was out this game due to an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                              Wow. Just read this last week:
                              http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/03/denver...s-preview-nfl/

Benoit nailed this problem area!
                              1. Apparently you've never heard of a salary cap.
                              2. Woodyard isn't a good coverage LB.
                              3. An injury to the starting coverage LB (Trevathan) would cause problems for any team.
                              4. The starting MLB Irving was hurt too.

Comment

Working...
                              X