Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts The Week One - Colts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Random Thoughts The Week One - Colts

    1) Everybody ****ing relax. It was ugly, but a wins a win. How we look in week one is not how we will look in the playoffs.
    2) Montee Ball looks slow. He put on extra weight and it just doesnt seem to fit him. Also, his blitz recognition leaves something to be desired. I really want to see more CJ, his burst to the hole is much quicker.
    3) At times our offense looked unstoppable, but dropped passes and ill timed penalties did us in. Peyton also looked slightly off tonight, though his deep ball was looking pretty good. I think we're all used to this offense firing on all cylinders, and it wasn't tonight, so, ya know, panic.
    4) People will bitch and moan about the pass rush, but often times we were just rushing four while they kept five in, and they often chipped miller at the line. When our fronts were varied, we had a lot more success...I have no clue why we didn't do this more often.
    5) Julius Thomas is a damn tough match up ... as is Emmanuel Sanders.
    6) DT will have better days.
    7) Great seeing Roby show up tonight and play great. I doubted him from day one, but a great first game.
    8) Harris OK?
    9) Tony Carter haters, relax. He had good coverage on that TD...the other guys get paid too.
    10) Bring on the chiefs. I expect to see a better, more consistent effort next week.

  • #2
    Great start, dumpy finish; a microcosm of last season. I'm not worried, but this team does need to develop more of a killer instinct and learn how to step on a throat.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'll piggy back on this...

      1. We got through the the first game with our defense pretty much in tact (minus Trevathan who was already out).

      2. A lot of our guys were playing their first meaningful snaps after coming off major injuries (Miller, Harris, Wolfe, Moore) so I expect that it will take a game or two before they start making noticeable contributions. Moore was clearly the exception to that tonight.

      3. Roby.

      4. Really glad to see the new guys making contributions tonight. I firmly believe this is a better team than last years.

      5. This was a BIG game. A win over the Colts basically gives us a two game lead over them for the #1 or #2 seed which we may need because they play a much easier schedule than we do.

      Comment


      • #4
        1. Von Miller has a ways to go before he's 100%. How long? Who knows.
        2. Chris Harris on point with a couple key pass break-ups. Talib too.
        3. Ryan Clady is still a shutdown LT.
        4. Demarcus Ware is money. Malik Jackson got pressure a couple times. Need to review video to see what happened to everybody else.
        5. Peyton Manning was on fire then turned ice cold.
        6. Something tells me Ronnie Hillman will be activated next week.
        7. I like to see the Broncos running right behind Orlando Franklin on 3rd and short, though he had a couple whiffs in pass pro.
        8. Good there were no major injuries, though not sure what's up with Bruton's shoulder. At least it's not lower body.
        9. Thank god we didn't need McManus to kick anything over 35 yards.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
          1) Everybody ****ing relax. It was ugly, but a wins a win. How we look in week one is not how we will look in the playoffs.
          2) Montee Ball looks slow. He put on extra weight and it just doesnt seem to fit him. Also, his blitz recognition leaves something to be desired. I really want to see more CJ, his burst to the hole is much quicker.
          3) At times our offense looked unstoppable, but dropped passes and ill timed penalties did us in. Peyton also looked slightly off tonight, though his deep ball was looking pretty good. I think we're all used to this offense firing on all cylinders, and it wasn't tonight, so, ya know, panic.
          4) People will b**** and moan about the pass rush, but often times we were just rushing four while they kept five in, and they often chipped miller at the line. When our fronts were varied, we had a lot more success...I have no clue why we didn't do this more often.
          5) Julius Thomas is a damn tough match up ... as is Emmanuel Sanders.
          6) DT will have better days.
          7) Great seeing Roby show up tonight and play great. I doubted him from day one, but a great first game.
          8) Harris OK?
          9) Tony Carter haters, relax. He had good coverage on that TD...the other guys get paid too.
          10) Bring on the chiefs. I expect to see a better, more consistent effort next week.
          The thing about Carter is he does tend to have good coverage a lot, but he just can't make a play and the guy gets a catch way to often, and he has way too many penalties.

          Comment


          • #6
            What bothers me more than anything is that I honestly feel like the Colts brought their B or even C game, and we still nearly blew it at home against them. It's really not encouraging. Also this team is soft, and soft teams do not win championships.

            Comment


            • #7
              Nate's best game as a Bronco.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                1. Von Miller has a ways to go before he's 100%. How long? Who knows.
                2.Chris Harrison point with a couple key pass break-ups. Talib too.
                3. Ryan Clady is still a shutdown LT.
                4. Demarcus Ware is money. Malik Jackson got pressure a couple times. Need to review video to see what happened to everybody else.
                5. Peyton Manning was on fire then turned ice cold.
                6. Something tells me Ronnie Hillman will be activated next week.
                7. I like to see the Broncos running right behind Orlando Franklin on 3rd and short, though he had a couple whiffs in pass pro.
                8. Good there were no major injuries, though not sure what's up with Bruton's shoulder. At least it's not lower body.
                9. Thank god we didn't need McManus to kick anything over 35 yards.
                Did he ever go back in ? No one seems to be talking about what happened to him. If he was hurt or just going out and keeping his plays number low.

                Comment


                • #9
                  not in same league as Seattle. they are in the Cosmic Football League at this point. we are still on Earth.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm glad to see Nate have such a good game.
                    Von doesn't look no where near 100%. He just doesn't bend the corner look he used to.
                    The o-line still needs to shore up that pass protection on inside stunts/blitzes.
                    Still need to learn how to finish the game and keep the lead with the run. Peyton can't always do it on his own. Ball and o-line need to step up and keep the lead.
                    But it's still early hopefully it get sorted out before the playoffs.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We need to commit more to the running game, and truly being honest as to which running back is more legit.
                      We need some power runners.
                      I'm hoping Ball works on his vision and try to slither his way through the line, rather than trying to be a power back, which he isn't.

                      You guys remember that play he scored, where he bounced off the line twice, running into his own lineman before he realized the outside was open?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The running game looked like ****. Ball looked like he was running in quick sand. CJ looked much faster/better than Ball. This coaching staff is extremely stubborn. CJ looked much better but kept giving Ball carries when he didn't do much over and over.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                          What bothers me more than anything is that I honestly feel like the Colts brought their B or even C game, and we still nearly blew it at home against them. It's really not encouraging. Also this team is soft, and soft teams do not win championships.
                          And that was what? Our A game? With the exception of 2 drives inthe second quarter, we were not very good.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Fun fact: We finally broke a something like a 7 game losing streak against the Colts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by maher_tyler View Post
                              The running game looked like ****. Ball looked like he was running in quick sand. CJ looked much faster/better than Ball. This coaching staff is extremely stubborn. CJ looked much better but kept giving Ball carries when he didn't do much over and over.
                              Yeah, CJ and his 4 carries. We don't need a larger sample size to judge or anything.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X