Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gyldenlove
    replied
    The secondary is the most improved unit on the team. The presence of Ward just solves so many problems. Every member of the secondary played well, I don't remember the last time our secondary forced that many incompletions by batting balls.

The linebackers made some big plays, but on the whole was the weakest unit on the team. I think a healthy Trevathan and Miller getting in game shape will fix that problem though.

The defensive line got a lot of pressure in the 1st half, but managed to mostly contain Luck in the 2nd half. I have the feeling that was a halftime adjustment and I think in hindsight it was a bad call.

The offensive line wasn't as good as it should be. The Colts have very little pass rush without Mathis and that meant blitzes were going to be key and I don't think the line handled the blitzing as well as they could have. On the run plays, especially the stretch plays they did not get proper handoffs and people were able to get through and make tackles in the backfield.

A few too many dropped balls on concentration drops and Manning was a bit off with a few of his throws in the 2nd half, overthrowing a few. DT needs to just get his head a bit more in the game, on that 3rd and 10 in the end of the fourth, that ball needs to go to DT. Caldwell for some reason did a full 360 looking for the ball instead of going for the corner where the ball was supposed to come.

Ball ran with some power, but his one cut style was completely absent. He was slow getting to the seam and if not for some hard running after contact would have had a misserable game. CJ ran well against the pass defense unit and was able to exploit some smaller defenders, I am not sure that would translate well against a base defense set up to stop the run.

Have to give man of the match to Rahim Moore, 2 picks in his first game back and just looked so much more natural at that centerfield position.

Leave a comment:

• ludo21
    replied
    If this becomes a trend I will be worried. But overall, great game, and great ability to finish when it counted.

pro:
    - Roby
    - Julius Thomas (other than the fumble)
    - OL held up pretty well til the end.
    - Emmanuel Sanders looks like a glove
    - M. Ball finishing runs hard

con:
    - Could not run out the clock with 3 min to play. I hope that comes with practice and more games
    - Could not sack Luck (albeit difficult, but still)
    - Peytons poor throws on that aforementioned 3 min drive

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Anybody else catch their breath when they saw Cory Redding coming through that giant hole?

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    I'd like to use the excuse that this team does have quite a few new starters and guys coming back from injuries, so maybe they're just not 100% in sync yet. But that doesn't really explain why they'd play well in the first half and poorly in the second. Coaching has to shoulder a lot of the blame. Colts clearly adjusted better. It seems they learned nothing from the NE loss last year.

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
    BIG problem in bold. Franklin Can't pull for shyt and Clady has always been average at run blocking. We should have had a few pitch outs to get the RBs outside quickly.
    Actually our run blocking was very bad and last years line looked better. I know they need time to gel but they have <2 weeks til they need to be ready for Seattle, or get Peyton killed.

Play selection was predictable ALL game. First scoring series...Three passes inside the 3 yard line without a running play?

Gase and Fox were timid last night. It almost seemed like they were trying to play vanilla so Seattle has no film on our REAL offense.
    I hope there was some logic behind it. The team just seemed to deflate once they had the lead. I wonder if training camp is just not the same as it once was and the teams don't come out as prepared as they once did, but the Seahawks on Thursday night looked plenty ready to go. The Broncos' Oline certainly hasn't gelled yet.

Leave a comment:

• mennonite
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
    Play selection was predictable ALL game. First scoring series...Three passes inside the 3 yard line without a running play?
    I think they should have gone for it on fourth down in that situation. At best you get a td. At worst you have Luck pinned back at the 3.

Maybe there is a lack of faith in the running game. The Colts were near the bottom of the league in run defense last year. Either they are greatly improved or the Broncos running game needs a lot of work.

Leave a comment:

• ScottXray
    replied
    Originally posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
    Pluses - Roby, Ware, Sanders, and Ward all made an impact. Nate Irving made an appearance.

Negatives - Too many drops. Too many long developing runs to the edges. Playcalling in the second half.
    BIG problem in bold. Franklin Can't pull for shyt and Clady has always been average at run blocking. We should have had a few pitch outs to get the RBs outside quickly.
    Actually our run blocking was very bad and last years line looked better. I know they need time to gel but they have <2 weeks til they need to be ready for Seattle, or get Peyton killed.

Gase and Fox were timid last night. It almost seemed like they were trying to play vanilla so Seattle has no film on our REAL offense.

Leave a comment:

• mennonite
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
    Couldn't really run the ball and Peyton had more pressure than I'd like to see; OL wasn't great for me this week.
    If they had the ability to tun the ball better I think this game would have been put away with ease. Those two drives that they started at the 2 and the 13 respectively, and the next to last drive where they were just trying to get a first down, were hamstrung by the anemic running game.

Leave a comment:

• Atwater His Ass
    replied
    Couldn't really run the ball and Peyton had more pressure than I'd like to see; OL wasn't great for me this week.

DL was bad outside of Ware, which was really disappointing considering the state of IND OL. Not a lot of consistent pressure on Luck at all. Nice goal line stand on 4th down though. Credit there. And nice to see Moore make a couple plays on those tipped balls.

Manning was great in the 1st half, off the 2nd. Guess the guy is human after all.

In the end, we get a win and potential tie breaker against an AFC playoff contender. Not too shabby.

Need to see some big improvements next week against KC if we're going to be ready for Seattle. That stadium will be loud, Manning won't be able to run the offense how he'd prefer so the OL and the running game are going to have to step it up big time.

P.S.
    Von Miller. Miss you. Come back, love you long time.

Leave a comment:

• WolfpackGuy
    replied
    Pluses - Roby, Ware, Sanders, and Ward all made an impact. Nate Irving made an appearance.

Negatives - Too many drops. Too many long developing runs to the edges. Playcalling in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• jmz313
    replied
    I mean seriously, How nice was it to see the ball bounce our way? Seems like its been a few seasons. JT's Fumble and the muffed Punt. last year those were both TOs.

Leave a comment:

• jmz313
    replied
    Originally posted by Elway 4 Life View Post
    Suprising plus for me was Irving. That joker was balling out. Also i think Roby is gonna be a bad mofo for us.
    these were going to be my two Pros. Irving played great early, and Roby was solid all game against a good passing team, in his first game in the NFL, exciting.

Not a big fan of seeing nothing, not even a flash from von miller. but ware looked good and TJ ward looked awesome. really liked seeing Rahim Moore keeping the Colts Momentum from growing by tracking down those deflections.

Cons...
    Run Blocking, Drops, muffed punt, Fumble, and Onside coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
    Dumb post is a dumb post
    Funny. The post above yours says the odds say you could go without a punter. And you say it was fine to let our best RB go. Instead, we gave the money to the punter and let the better RB go. Dumb? Yeah. Okay. Like they say about opinions...

Leave a comment:

• Elway 4 Life
    replied
    Suprising plus for me was Irving. That joker was balling out. Also i think Roby is gonna be a bad mofo for us.

Most glaring negative for me is the coaching in the second half. We need a couple first downs to run some clock out and give the D a breather and we decide to run it 3 consecutive times. With Tebow at QB i understand but with PFM? Makes sense. Our coaches need to have that killer instinct and they dont. Hate the fact that we can get a 17 point lead with realative ease and then shutdown and try and not lose.

Leave a comment:

• R8R H8R
    replied
    Originally posted by Oranges View Post
    Somebody tell me why carter was on the field. Tony
    Because he is on the team and was needed?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X