• Regular Season Game #1 Plus/Minus

Plus

- Dream
    - JT
    - first half
    - Ware
    - Red Zone D

Minus

- Still can't put together a whole game. Lack of adjustment to what Indy was doing in the second half. Fox continues to be a less than awesome gameday coach.
    - Manning gave Cito reason to mope....also seems to be overthrowing more than usual....accuracy wasn't great...clutchness still an issue
    - OL got limited push....Ball still lacks a decent burst.
    - Von nowhere near his old self....yet
    - DT with contract jitters

Ware played a pretty decent game, but he was gassed four series of defense into the game. Still needs to get used to the altitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
      Ware played a pretty decent game, but he was gassed four series of defense into the game. Still needs to get used to the altitude.
      If he had spent the summer working out with the boys at NDSU he would have been perfectly conditioned regardless of altitude. Them boys in Fargo don't **** around.

Comment

Indy going to be a better team than I thought heading into this. Broncos looked unfocused, not in football shape, run blocking much weaker than I expected (I thought moving OF inside would improve that), second and third tier running backs, Peyton looked rattled under pressure, Broncos took the early lead and then just seemed to deflate right in front of our eyes, lost focus, made mistakes, dropped balls...

I would just have to say they weren't well prepared for a tough, 60 minutes long, NFL game. That's the fault of the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
          If he had spent the summer working out with the boys at NDSU he would have been perfectly conditioned regardless of altitude. Them boys in Fargo don't **** around.
          We get a lot of farm kids who just have a good work ethic. That being said, they did perform well @ CSU.

Comment

Somebody tell me why carter was on the field. Tony

Comment

Letting go of Knowshon was a mistake.

Comment

Denver +2 on the game turnover ratio.

Comment

Regarding Harris, I imagine they'll say he was on a pitch count. Just like Von was. Harris was on the sideline, looked fine, had pads on, etc. He's a month behind Von's recovery who also was on a pitch count so I imagine it was only more extreme.

Comment

Plus:

Roby had a great first game
                    The Dream made some plays too
                    Manning and the O looked razor sharp in the first half
                    Ball security seems to have improved. They had one fumble but it was recovered.
                    Julius looks unstoppable
                    McManus didn't screw anything up

Minus:

Drops by receivers. Completely different game if those balls were caught.
                    Fox and Del Rio's second half adjustments.
                    Nonexistent pass rush in the second half.
                    Special teams blunders.
                    Lack of running game is a big concern.

Comment

For the positives I would add the secondary as a whole along with Nate Irving
                      Talib, Ward, Harris, Moore, and Roby well played quite well

The Dline outside of Ware was pretty crappy though

Negatives include the entire offense the second half
                      Manning and co. completely bitched out

I hope this was just getting some rust knocked off because we played completely scared and a true contender would take charge instead of waiting for them to screw up

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                        Regarding Harris, I imagine they'll say he was on a pitch count. Just like Von was. Harris was on the sideline, looked fine, had pads on, etc. He's a month behind Von's recovery who also was on a pitch count so I imagine it was only more extreme.
                        Yeah, he was smiling and laughing with the DB's when they congratulated Roby on the pass break-up against Wayne. It makes sense to do that. Let them get reps before fully being immersed into the rigors of the game after ACL injuries. That being said, I hope Webster can get his head straight and get some reps on the field. Did you see Bolden out there at all today on any defensive packages?

Comment

I watched Von a lot. He often seemed to be holding back or just trying to keep his lane (I'm assuming to prevent Luck from escaping). He was often chipped or double teamed but I don't think he fully trusts his knee yet. It wasn't until the second half that I saw him even try to go around the tackle or a spin move to the inside (which worked but Luck was too quick on the throw).

Comment

I'll put this here...Mods can delete my other thread

1) Everybody ****ing relax. It was ugly, but a wins a win. How we look in week one is not how we will look in the playoffs.
                            2) Montee Ball looks slow. He put on extra weight and it just doesnt seem to fit him. Also, his blitz recognition leaves something to be desired. I really want to see more CJ, his burst to the hole is much quicker.
                            3) At times our offense looked unstoppable, but dropped passes and ill timed penalties did us in. Peyton also looked slightly off tonight, though his deep ball was looking pretty good. I think we're all used to this offense firing on all cylinders, and it wasn't tonight, so, ya know, panic.
                            4) People will b**** and moan about the pass rush, but often times we were just rushing four while they kept five in, and they often chipped miller at the line. When our fronts were varied, we had a lot more success...I have no clue why we didn't do this more often. Also, the D was on the field for much of the second half. Humans get tired
                            5) Julius Thomas is a damn tough match up ... as is Emmanuel Sanders.
                            6) DT will have better days.
                            7) Great seeing Roby show up tonight and play great. I doubted him from day one, but a great first game.
                            8) Harris OK?
                            9) Tony Carter haters, relax. He had good coverage on that TD...the other guys get paid too.
                            10) Bring on the chiefs. I expect to see a better, more consistent effort next week.

Comment

Franklin needs a little more time to settle in to his new position.

Comment

Working...
                              X