the most popular NFL team by county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the most popular NFL team by county

but i disagree with part of this i thought the Broncos was very popular in Arizona

Still have a big fan base and following in AZ, but now that they have the Cards and have been to a Super Bowl it doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
      Still have a big fan base and following in AZ, but now that they have the Cards and have been to a Super Bowl it doesn't surprise me.
      There aren't nearly as many Cards fans here as you'd think. I live in Tucson and I rarely see anyone one wearing their gear.

Comment

When Favre was playing for the Packers you could always count on a big piece of Mississippi to pull for the Packers. They regularly were given Packer game broadcasts every week.

Comment

No jets fans?

Comment

They have Lucas County, where I live in NW Ohio, as a Steelers county.

I would disagree with that, although it's divided.

I'd break it down to about 40% Browns fans, 20% Lions fans, 20% Steelers fans, and 20% other teams.

Comment

It took quite awhile for the Cards fans to really latch on down here. It was pretty much divided between Steeler, Cowboy and Bronco fans before. But when the Cards got Warner and went to the Superbowl, their fan base has grown quite a bit. I've been to about 20 different sports bars in the valley and they're always packed with Cardinal fans now. Not sure about Tucson or other areas but Metro Phoenix the Cardinals are a pretty big draw.

Comment

Peyton Manning effect.

Comment

I like Raiders having one county in SF dominating NoCal...probably Humboldt County home of Marijuana cultivating. I can see the tie in.

Comment

We have a lot of fans in Arizona for sure...

Comment

Yeah. Here in Tucson I see a lot more Cowboy fans than Cardinal fans. My roommate is a Cards fan. And hes the only true Cards fan Ive met in Arizona. I've lived here on and off for 30 yrs. And hes been a Cards fan since before they were here.

I'd say it goes something like this as far as what I see people wearing and decals and whatnot:

1.Cowboys
                      2.Broncos
                      3.Raiders
                      4.9ers
                      5.Packers
                      6.Bears
                      7.Steelers

After that, its just a toss up.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                        I like Raiders having one county in SF dominating NoCal...probably Humboldt County home of Marijuana cultivating. I can see the tie in.
                        That's not humbolt......

Comment

interesting note: see all the Cowboy fans in Va the Carolinas? That all stems from the racist Redskins of the 70's. The local black population took to the Redskins arch-rival, Dallas, who also happened to be really, really good.

Comment

First off lol at the jets... Even the raiders jags and rams manage to have large areas of fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
                              interesting note: see all the Cowboy fans in Va the Carolinas? That all stems from the racist Redskins of the 70's. The local black population took to the Redskins arch-rival, Dallas, who also happened to be really, really good.
                              Thanks. I was wondering about that. It definitely looked odd to me, but that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X