OT: Rivers dead at 81

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Rivers dead at 81

No, not Phillip Rivers but Joan Rivers after complications with surgery.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...215344477.html

Funny lady, RIP.

Comment

I was wondering if she was going to recover from this. RIP, Joan Rivers...

Comment

RIP to a legendary entertainer.

Comment

Was the surgery pretty routine? Outpatient stuff? Lawyers in line for malpractice? Devastating it happened that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
            I was wondering if she was going to recover from this. RIP, Joan Rivers...
            Heart stopped then put into medically induced coma has a very low survival rate. The coma is a hail mary pass at that point. You lower the body temp, then a few days later, warm them back up and bring them out of the coma and see if they make it. Happened to my brother just last year (after an accidental prescription drug O/D).

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
              Was the surgery pretty routine? Outpatient stuff? Lawyers in line for malpractice? Devastating it happened that way.
              There is nothing routine about operating on 81 year olds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                There is nothing routine about operating on 81 year olds.
                81 year olds that want to look 61 years old don't care about the chances of death.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                  81 year olds that want to look 61 years old don't care about the chances of death.
                  The survivability of being 81 is pretty low. Study it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                    The survivability of being 81 is pretty low. Study it out.
                    Not sure what this post means when I state that people at that age don't care about the chances of complications when their concern is to look 20 years younger.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                      Not sure what this post means when I state that people at that age don't care about the chances of complications when their concern is to look 20 years younger.
                      Who even knows if it's an actual complication related to her procedure or just a natural death precipitated by her octogenarian status while under anesthesia. People seem pretty quick to ascribe a malpractice scenario to this. Old people die. Old people do not tolerate cardio/pulmonary depressants very well. I don't know any details of her procedure, but I can assure you that nothing works like it should on an 81 year old. Even minor outpatient surgical procedures are risky propositions on octogenarians.

Comment

Comment

I was never a fan of her style and/or content, but realize that her contribution to comedy and culture was substantial. Rest in peace, Joan.
                          Last edited by Smiling Assassin27; 09-04-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

RIP

Comment

Sharp wit retained throughout her life. She was on Howard Stern just a few weeks ago and was very funny. R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                              X