Colts @ Broncos - breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts @ Broncos - breakdown

Good place as any to put any articles you guys come across breaking down the game, and matchups.

Thoughts
    - The Colts OL is weak sauce and I cannot wait to see our new pass rush against their OL, especially considering Luck takes a ton of sacks.
    - Trent Richardson and their running game should be easy to stop
    - Mathis is out, which is huge as he ate up our OL last year and is probably the main reason we lost that game.
    - Can Werner provide any pass rush? If not I see a HUGE day for MAnning and Co.

Matchups
    Chris Harris vs. TY Hilton - anyone else a little worried about Hilton going off against a Harris in his first game back?
    Talib v. Wayne - Talib should be able to lock him down
    Broncos DL vs. Colts OL - Should be a great game of knocking Luck around and being in the backfield in general
    PFM vs. Colts D - He struggled last time in Indy, hopefully this year he will come out on fire and not take the time he did last year to get going

Thoughts?

- WE ARE FOUR DAYS FROM BRONCOS FOOTBALL!!

question... is harris even ready for football? he didn't even play one preseason snap.

how about von? is he ready? a healthy von makes our secondary look like pro bowlers

Comment

My concerns:

1) We may be over hyping the Broncos running game. Everybody just assumes that it's going to be a lot better than last year.

2) Several key players are coming off of injuries and may be rusty

3) New unproven kicker

4) Who steps in for Welker? How much of a drop-off will there be?

5) O line depth. This is more of a general concern, than one specifically about this game.

Comment

Colts o-line is Hot Chinese Garbage right now... they just signed a guy who was cut to be their starting center, and if either of their tackles get's injured for some reason, both of their backups are currently hurt as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
          question... is harris even ready for football? he didn't even play one preseason snap.

how about von? is he ready? a healthy von makes our secondary look like pro bowlers
          I have the same concern with Harris, but I think Von got some preseason snaps in.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
            My concerns:

1) We may be over hyping the Broncos running game. Everybody just assumes that it's going to be a lot better than last year.

3) New unproven kicker

5) O line depth. This is more of a general concern, than one specifically about this game.
            Yeah I agree. I need to rethink my prediction. 30-20 instead of 35-17.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post

I read the other day Harris is all set to play Sunday Night and he's excited and ready to go. We shall see...

Comment

Colts O and D lines are a mess right now, and the only way to beat us is to pressure Manning and control the ball. I don't see either of those things happening.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                  My concerns:

3) New unproven kicker

1) It's possible but I believe Montee Ball is a much better between the tackles runner than Knowshon is. I also think he runs through tackles better.

4) Caldwell and Tamme did last year and both played well. I expect more of the same. I really don't think his absence will hurt us too much because we have so many offensive weapons to choose from.

Comment

Broncos 27 Colts 16

I wanted to give the Broncos more points but I think with so many new players and so many guys coming back from injury, we start off kinda slow and it's a 10-7 game at half. Then we explode on these guys (oooh, that sounded bad) in the 2nd half.

I'm so damn pumped right now for this 1st game. I've had a grin now for a few days and it's getting to the point where it's becoming a crazy grin due to the long wait for Sunday night, kinda like this.

Comment

Colts won last year when Manning was hampered with his ankle issue and Mathis feasted on Clark/Franklin

Oh and it was an emotional homecoming for Peyton

We get Clady back and their top rusher is Werner....who sucks

Sure they could win, they beat Seattle and San Fran last year
                      But I think a lot would have to go wrong for us to lose

I think we win 34-17
                      Last edited by Br0nc0Buster; 09-03-2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nf...falling-stars/

Indianapolis Colts

2013 Record: 11-5
                        Pythagorean Wins: 9.4 (overperformed by 1.6 wins, second-luckiest team in NFL)
                        Record in Games Decided by Seven Points or Fewer: 5-1 (0.833, luckiest)
                        2013 Strength of Schedule: 0.500 (12th-toughest)
                        Estimated 2014 Strength of Schedule: third-easiest
                        Turnover Margin: plus-13 (third-best)
                        2014 Out-of-Division Schedule: AFC North, NFC East, vs. Patriots, at Broncos
                        I already looked at many of the issues facing the Colts this season during Andrew Luck Week, when I wrote about Indianapolis’s incredible record in close games, Luck’s propensity to get hit, and the backward offensive scheme Indianapolis ran in 2013.
                        Outside of those issues, the biggest problem facing the Colts is with their pass rush. Indy was eighth in Adjusted Sack Rate last year, but that was with Robert Mathis producing a league-high 19.5 of its 42 sacks. Mathis is suspended for the first four games after testing positive for Clomid, a substance that can be used to increase fertility … or stimulate testosterone production after a steroid cycle. Mathis, who turned 33 in February, might not be the same game-changing player he was a year ago when he comes back. He’ll be replaced in the starting lineup by 2013 first-round pick Bjoern Werner, who was a bit part during his rookie campaign. Chuck Pagano is a defensive mastermind, but Werner’s the guy who needs to step up and beat people one-on-one in Mathis’s absence.
                        Best-Case Scenario: The Colts turn the offense over to Luck, who wins his first MVP trophy while leading the league in passing yards and touchdowns. Trent Richardson disappears in a cloud of dust.
                        Worst-Case Scenario: Luck gets injured, and with Matt Hasselbeck at the helm, Pep Hamilton turns to Richardson, who continues to be Richardson.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                          Broncos 27 Colts 16

I wanted to give the Broncos more points but I think with so many new players and so many guys coming back from injury, we start off kinda slow and it's a 10-7 game at half. Then we explode on these guys (oooh, that sounded bad) in the 2nd half.

I'm so damn pumped right now for this 1st game. I've had a grin now for a few days and it's getting to the point where it's becoming a crazy grin due to the long wait for Sunday night, kinda like this.

I can't lie, if the game is close in the 4th quarter due to a slow start, damn Luck has been impressive late in games and I would not want the Colts to have the ball last.

Harris has constantly been posting that he is ready to go, but it is his first live game action which is concerning nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                            Broncos 27 Colts 16

The real question is do the Broncos know how to eat a kiwi

Comment

Fantasy report from Profootballspot.com

They don't really like the Indy fantasy points for this game, giving many poor grades, including an F for their defense, hahaha.

QB (Luck) - B

RB (Richardson) - C

RB (Bradshaw) - D

WR (Wayne) - D

WR (Hilton) - B

WR (Hicks) - C

TE (Allen) - B

TE (Fleener) - D

Indy Defense - F

Comment

Working...
                              X