Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns signing Painter off practice squad

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ractice-squad/

seriously, the best they could find is a long snapper to take his place?

Good for him. He's finally getting a chance to play...

Comment

Pretty slim pickin's since we can't take from other teams' practice squads and put them on our own.

Comment

Originally posted by SportinOne View Post
        Pretty slim pickin's since we can't take from other teams' practice squads and put them on our own.
        You should be able to snag someone from the other teams (in this case the Browns) practice squad for your own...seems only fair.

Comment

insert "Broncos take a long snapper before Michael Sam" joke here

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
            You should be able to snag someone from the other teams (in this case the Browns) practice squad for your own...seems only fair.
            you can as long as you put him on the 53 as they did but of course you know that.

Comment

Well that kinda sucks but oh well, good for him.

Comment

DMac shared a report they had a snap off for the job today. What is going on? A snap off and signing long snappers to the PS. Is the ginger hammer coming down on Brewer?

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                  Michael Sam signed with the Cowboys (Practice Squad)
                  Sam had a great camp and performed well, I still don't get it how he did not make the team with the Rams...
                  Duke Ihenacho signed with Washington...

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post
                    Sam had a great camp and performed well, I still don't get it how he did not make the team with the Rams...
                    They have the best DL in the league and he doesn't play special teams. not a lot of reason to carry a backup DL if he can't play STs. even if he is a media darling.

Comment

That didn't take very long.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
                        They have the best DL in the league and he doesn't play special teams. not a lot of reason to carry a backup DL if he can't play STs. even if he is a media darling.
                        I think he got beaten by a 7th round DL
                        Not sure if the other guy played ST or not...
                        I'm aware of the circus he was bringing to town, but can't overlook his 3 sacks and I believe 11 tackles both categories led the team...
                        Being a media darling played against him, unlike Tebow-mania

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                          He's going to Dallas, which is actually a good fit. Their defense is freaking abysmal, so he has a good chance of making the 53. And you know Jerry loves having extra attention.

Comment

I would rather have the Sam attention than the Johnny Backup attention.

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                              If you do they have to be on your regular roster for the whole season.

Comment

Working...
                              X