Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baja
    replied
    It as amazing to be in Colorado for the 77 season. Everybody talked non stop about the Broncos. You had the freeways to yourself on Sunday afternoon so they say I was never on the road when the Broncos were playing. It was the most fun season ever for me although 97 was close, OK a tie.

Leave a comment:

• broncocalijohn
    replied
    Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    Well it's hard to be a die hard fan of the 77 team since, um, I was 8 years old at the time, and was probably more interested in Lego's or green plastic army figures, hahaha.
    Well, I was 7 years old and knew about the Orange Crush. I know you were old enough for our superbowl teams. As for legos, total bs. You got those fake Lego blocks.
    Last edited by broncocalijohn; 09-02-2014, 08:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ZONA
    replied
    Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
    You need to become a fan of the Broncos a lot longer. Seriously, this line has played exactly zero games and is now better than 1977 (as Baja mentioned) or our SB team wins. Wow...just WOW!
    Well it's hard to be a die hard fan of the 77 team since, um, I was 8 years old at the time, and was probably more interested in Lego's or green plastic army figures, hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• gunns
    replied
    Originally posted by Arkie View Post
    There used to be a regular poster named Needa Pass Rush that posted here for years. He disappeared around the time we drafted Von. I wonder if he still posts under a different name?
    Oh I remember some heated disagreements with him. About what I have no idea. Although I did agree we needed a pass rush.

Leave a comment:

• baja
    replied
    I thought you meant starters on the whole team.
    Nope, convo was about DL.

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
    To be fair, we have had crap lines since then.
    Yeah, but the implication is that the '05 line is better than ours today (the best since 2005).

This is the best line I ever remember the Broncos having, and I started following in 1989 (casually) and mid-1990s (fanatically).

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    Originally posted by baja View Post
    Yes

Lyle Alazado

Ruban Carter

Barney Chavous

Paul Smith
    I thought you meant starters on the whole team.

Leave a comment:

• chanesaw
    replied
    Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
    You need to become a fan of the Broncos a lot longer. Seriously, this line has played exactly zero games and is now better than 1977 (as Baja mentioned) or our SB team wins. Wow...just WOW!
    Agreed, let's wait until after the season before we rank this DL with the all-time greats.

Leave a comment:

• broncocalijohn
    replied
    Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    This DL we have is by far the best we've ever had. I mean, when you can cut a guy like Big Vick, that's saying something about the talent and depth you have across the line.

Leave a comment:

• ZONA
    replied
    This DL we have is by far the best we've ever had. I mean, when you can cut a guy like Big Vick, that's saying something about the talent and depth you have across the line.

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin'
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    There was a period, like '06, when my brother and I referred to our defensive line as the old white bankers becasue they all had old gilded age names: Ebenezer Ekuban, Kenard Lang, Gerard Warren, Demetrin Veal.

"Shall we have Brunch on the morrow, Kenard?" "Nay, Ebenezer, Abigail will be having her bridge club."
    "Shall we create a central bank that secretly robs the people of their wealth and have to constantly rely on blitzing and smoke and mirrors to get to the quarterback? Bully!"

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Originally posted by spdirty View Post
    I remember Coyer was having to blitz like crazy to get pressures. The smoke and mirror scheme worked until Pitt figured it out and Ben exposed us.

I really fell in love with that team. We'd have beaten the hawks.
    I loved that team too. The cover 0 worked all season long until Pittsburgh figured how to exploit it. That team would of got destroyed in the AFC Championship by Indy though. I thought that was the only team keeping Denver from winning it all. Once Pittsburgh did their job I thought it was destiny.
    Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 09-01-2014, 12:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• baja
    replied
    You think 1977 was better than 1996 through 1998?
    Yes

Lyle Alazado

Ruban Carter

Barney Chavous

Paul Smith

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    Originally posted by baja View Post
    i would say we have the deepest DL since forever and the best starters since 1977
    You think 1977 was better than 1996 through 1998?

Leave a comment:

• spdirty
    replied
    I remember Coyer was having to blitz like crazy to get pressures. The smoke and mirror scheme worked until Pitt figured it out and Ben exposed us.

I really fell in love with that team. We'd have beaten the hawks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X