Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Domestic Abuse Policy by NFL

Jane McManus @janesports

The NFL announced sweeping new measures on domestic violence in a letter to owners today; Six games for 1st offense, lifetime ban for 2nd.

Pretty dumb. So Brandon Marshall would have been banned from the NFL under these terms?

Comment

Retroactive?

Comment

how conveniant

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Goodell admits in letter he got Ray Rice penalty wrong. &quot;I didn't get bit right. Simply put, we have to do better. And we will.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/statuses/505062700377194498">August 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dumb-ass
          Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 08-28-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

So they go from doing practically nothing to nuclear option. Hopefully, these punishments are only dealt out if someone is convicted in a court of law. It would really suck to see someone go down because of a false accusation.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;And a marijuana infraction will now result in THREE lifetime bans to be served consecutively&quot;</p>&mdash; Drew Magary (@drewmagary) <a href="https://twitter.com/drewmagary/statuses/505064243256115200">August 28, 2014</a></blockquote>

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                Retroactive?

I see your retroactive and raise you a:

Comment

As if it wasn't tough enough to prosecute these types of crimes, they go and do this. No wife or gf of these guys is going to want the gravy train to end. Just look at rice's wife....

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                    So they go from doing practically nothing to nuclear option. Hopefully, these punishments are only dealt out if someone is convicted in a court of law. It would really suck to see someone go down because of a false accusation.
                    I agree. Like any job you should only pay the consequences if convicted however if you get convicted twice of domestic assault, I agree with the punishment set out wholeheartedly.

Comment

In todays news Goodell admits he's an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                        As if it wasn't tough enough to prosecute these types of crimes, they go and do this. No wife or gf of these guys is going to want the gravy train to end. Just look at rice's wife....
                        They now have leverage to extort players for money. Even if no abuse was made allegations will be flying.

Big Ben is proof the NFL does not need a conviction to suspend/punish.

Goodell is a ****ing idiot. No consistency. Gives in to media and public pressure etc etc.

Comment

I wonder how many former players would have had their careers prematurely ended if this policy had been in effect for the last 30 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;And a marijuana infraction will now result in THREE lifetime bans to be served consecutively&quot;</p>&mdash; Drew Magary (@drewmagary) <a href="https://twitter.com/drewmagary/statuses/505064243256115200">August 28, 2014</a></blockquote>

Comment

I find it funny that domestic violence has always been an issue this was not collectively bargained. I don't see this lasting that long, I think it will be a 3 tiered issue, I think a 2nd strike being a lifetime ban is something that opens things up for a lot of scrutiny. I think this is a knee jerk reaction, it is something that is needed, but knee jerk none the less.

Comment

Working...
                              X