Peyton Manning fined $8,268 for taunting D.J. Swearinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning fined $8,268 for taunting D.J. Swearinger

On Thursday, the leagued fined Manning $8,268 for the infraction, and according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Manning won't appeal. "I accept it," the quarterback said. "Money well spent."

After the game, Manning refused to expound on exactly what he told Swearinger, but the Texans safety offered the Cliff's Notes version.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-dj-swearinger

How will Manning pay for this?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/07G23zMGa4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
      How will Manning pay for this?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/07G23zMGa4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All pennies.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
        All pennies.
        No doubt.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DO1Q7F23DxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Moss had a point. What the hell is 10K to him? 8 k and change to Manning is a joke. How many Pizza's is that? Why wasn't it 8k or 9k? How did the league come up with 8,268 bucks?

Comment

Man, that Hank_R_Hillguy in the comments is either a total whack job or one of the greatest and most dedicated trolls in the whole history of the interwebz

Comment

That quote by Manning says it all. Dude has never got a taunting penalty nor been fined in his NFL career(If my memory is correct) and he had no problem taking the penalty and the fine.

Comment

Worth it! And he probably do it again.

Comment

On Saturday, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was flagged for taunting Texans safety D.J. Swearinger after Swearinger legally laid out Wes Welker and concussed the wide receiver in the process.
                  This is total bull****. If the hit was legal, he wouldn't have gotten a flag. That hit wasn't legal.

Comment

I don't wish injury on players, but that swearinger guy might be an exception.

Comment

"I wasn't surprised (by Manning's comments)," Swearinger said, via the Houston Chronicle. "I was just, 'Why, bro?' You know what I'm saying? It's whatever. ... Peyton can say what he want to say. It really doesn't matter. All I care about is the W.”
                      The W? In a preseason game? Lets recap:

Houston Texans 2013 - 2-14
                      Denver Broncos 2013 - 13-3 - Superbowl visit.

This loud mouth retard is full of ****. All he really cares about is running his mouth. I would not be sad if someone trucked him, gave him a concussion, and put him out for the season.
                      Last edited by HILife; 08-28-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

hits to the head are not allowed anymore, period. But there's almost no way these guys can avoid it throughout the season.

Maybe Swearinger could have avoided a flag if he wrapped up on the hit instead of throwing his arm/shoulder into Welker.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
                          Man, that Hank_R_Hillguy in the comments is either a total whack job or one of the greatest and most dedicated trolls in the whole history of the interwebz

I've often wondered if website owners employe fake trolls to stir up their comments section. There is a long tradition of hiring radio and tv guys who needle their audience. "The man you love to hate" and all that stuff.

Taco = Bob.

There, I said it.

Comment

Lyfe can be pricey - #thuglyfemanning

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                              That quote by Manning says it all. Dude has never got a taunting penalty nor been fined in his NFL career(If my memory is correct) and he had no problem taking the penalty and the fine.
                              The only other incident I ever remember Peyton and fine mentioned in the same sentance was when Johnny U passed away and he was going to wear black spikes. He chose not to wear the spikes because the NFL as going to make a big deal out of a fine if he wore them and he wanted to honor him, not take away from him, thus he didn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X