Best Case Worst case for AFC West teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Case Worst case for AFC West teams

All that gushing is a prelude to this: The Broncos could go undefeated this season. The two biggest obstacles to that happening: road games against the Seahawks in Week 3 and the Patriots in Week 9. There are other tough games on the schedule too -- the Colts, Cardinals and 49ers all come to Denver -- and the Broncos, even as one of the AFC's best teams, will need a little luck to approach 16-0. But after Manning's 55-touchdowns, 5,477-yard performance a season ago, no one would be surprised if he pulled it off either.

Best case: 16-0. Worst case: 11-5.

Full article: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...t-team-in-2014
    Last edited by Guess Who; 08-28-2014, 03:36 AM.

I could see a worst case scenario of 10-6 and missing the playoffs. That would be the worst case scenario. Bad breaks tough San Diego team.... could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
      I could see a worst case scenario of 10-6 and missing the playoffs. That would be the worst case scenario. Bad breaks tough San Diego team.... could happen.
      That's not gonna happen. Unless injuries kill us.

Comment

Straight up, we're picking the Chargers to take the AFC West. Hopefully, this turns out better than our 2013 prediction that the Chargers would be the worst team in the NFL.
        Bold.

Comment

Originally posted by 400HZ View Post
          Bold.
          The Pod Cast was a joke. He wanted to pick the Chargers because he picked them to do real bad last year. And he struggled going through S.D. schedule to get them the wins to beat the Broncos... It was pretty funny and sad at the same time.

Comment

Best Case: 19-0
            Worst Case: 0-16 and Manning's giant head was knocked off of his shoulders.

What will probably happen? 12-4

It's unrealistic to expect a perfect season, and laughable to think any team will do it. We have expectations of a winning season. Cheifs and Raiders fans will be happy if they go 8-8. Remember where you're from people.

Comment

I think the Chargers are the 3rd best team in the AFC. They scare me a bit.

Comment

The Chargers are good. McCoy is a very good coach. I am curious to see how their new coaching hires affect things. And McCoy as a play-caller is still pretty milque toast. But at the end of the day they've put the pieces in place to help Rivers play to his strengths. Losing Geathers is a blow. And I'm still waiting for Dwight Freeney to show up. So that defense and how it plays will be a big piece of how well they do.

The Entire AFC west has to play a gauntlet this year. Last years' east schedule allowed some inflated numbers. It's partially why losing all those starters still afforded us the ability to get home field throughout. I predict you will see a greater disparity between the haves and have-nots (Chiefs, Raiders) in the AFC West this year. And I could see this team being better overall and finishing 11-5. 10-6 isn't crazy either.

Comment

everyone knows this is a 13-3 team.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                    The Chargers are good. McCoy is a very good coach. I am curious to see how their new coaching hires affect things. And McCoy as a play-caller is still pretty milque toast. .
                    McCoy purposely sabotaged Tim Tebow and didn't want him to succeed. He is a lot better of a coach than most people give him credit for on the mane. He has done well molding his offense to what his players are capable of. I think Whiz might of called plays last year in SD and he can be conservative too.
                    Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 08-28-2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Good article on Grantland about Whiny face Rivers and them talking about just completing passes.

Mccoy worked with Rivers to revamp how he thinks on the field and to take what is given vs. the deep pass all the time. Good read.

Grantland.com

- Look for the picture with his ugly ass face

Comment

I wonder what people thought Houston's worst case scenario was last year?

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                          Good article on Grantland about Whiny face Rivers and them talking about just completing passes.

Mccoy worked with Rivers to revamp how he thinks on the field and to take what is given vs. the deep pass all the time. Good read.

Grantland.com

- Look for the picture with his ugly ass face
                          you mean he had to unlearn Norv Turner's offense?

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                            Look for the picture with his ugly ass face
                            Rivers has never taken a picture where it didn't look like he was sodomizing Ned Beatty.

If it's quiet, and you listen closely, you can almost hear the strains of "Dueling Banjos" that are constantly playing in his head.

Comment

People hate Rivers because he picked on poor baby Jay and he plays for the Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                              X