• Show
Clear All

• bowtown
    replied
    This thread is boring.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Here are ESPN's predictions for regular season record (Broncos 12-4).

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...on-predictions

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    Originally posted by Oranges View Post
    You're telling me Seattle with home-field throughout the playoffs is not the clear favorite? Only a ****in waterhead would pick the Patriots over the Seahawks. Yeah, the Pats run thru their division every year and out coach alot of their opponents, but what sane person can say the Patriots would ever outplay the Seahawks on a neutral field? They just dont have the talent on their roster.
    I think the Saints take homefield in the NFC this year.

Leave a comment:

• Oranges
    replied
    Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
    SI Picks-

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/02/nfl-20...b-predictions/

Lots more Patriot love (no surprise from this Boston based crew)
    Just found this gem:

"Greg Bedard: Broncos. Despite loading up on both sides of the ball, they’ll fall short against a more physical team (the Patriots) again."

Oh boy.

Leave a comment:

• Gutless Drunk
    replied
    SI Picks-

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/02/nfl-20...b-predictions/

Lots more Patriot love (no surprise from this Boston based crew)

Leave a comment:

• Oranges
    replied
    Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
    Umm....no it didnt
    Peyton Manning in the last 4 games of the regular season:
    1352 yards
    14 TDs
    1 Int
    Im not arguing with that.

There were a handful of times in the playoffs I thought Peyton held on to a ball bc he didnt feel comfortable making the throw but 14/1 - td/int is basically all we need to know.

Leave a comment:

• Oranges
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
    Your'e right that it is ODD. But that is because no one has repeated to even make the playoffs in 8 years. And the hawks are best if they stay Healthy, which was a big part of what happened last year. It takes a good bit of luck to make it there without major injuries , and that happening twice is really not likely. Agree that the Pats aren't as good as the Hawks if it comes down t that.

I also don't think that NE is the class of the AFC and don't think they get HFA this year.
    Well, I think unless you're talking about the Pats who continuously rely on forever-injured players then you have to make these picks with the assumption that no team is more predisposed to injuries then the next.
    So IMO, your pick should be based on -roster talent, coaching and to a much lesser extent- experience and schedule.
    People like to make these hip picks but I guarantee you if every team in the NFL had an even money line to win the SB the brightest of the bright would limit their selections to one of Seattle or us. Top to bottom those are the two best teams.
    Its one thing win a wild card team goes all the way or a team gets hot in December but from week 1 thru week 20 last season the Broncos and Seahawks both proved they were the elites of the league. And both teams, to my knowledge, only got better in the offseason.
    Then you have to pick the Seahawks bc of the beatdown.

Leave a comment:

• bowtown
    replied
    Originally posted by KCStud View Post
    Pete Prisco picked the Broncos again? No way!
    Nobody picked the Chiefs again? No way!

Leave a comment:

• ScottXray
    replied
    I havent seen a single writer pick the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl yet. They're clearly the team to beat and I dont see their division being as tough as most people think. I see the 49ers sliding a bit and the Hawks getting home field through the playoffs.

Wilson will only get better as he's playing to secure his 23 Million a year contract plus now add a healthy Harvin to the mix.

You're telling me Seattle with home-field throughout the playoffs is not the clear favorite? Only a ****in waterhead would pick the Patriots over the Seahawks. Yeah, the Pats run thru their division every year and out coach alot of their opponents, but what sane person can say the Patriots would ever outplay the Seahawks on a neutral field? They just dont have the talent on their roster.
    Sherman vs Julian Fn' Edelman... that's laughable

Oh, and get ready for it- when Gronk and Amendola go down for Pats fan to start crying about their bad luck.. **** you.. They're hurt every year,, whos ****ing fault is it for relying on them??
    Your'e right that it is ODD. But that is because no one has repeated to even make the playoffs in 8 years. And the hawks are best if they stay Healthy, which was a big part of what happened last year. It takes a good bit of luck to make it there without major injuries , and that happening twice is really not likely. Agree that the Pats aren't as good as the Hawks if it comes down t that.

I also don't think that NE is the class of the AFC and don't think they get HFA this year.

Leave a comment:

• Br0nc0Buster
    replied
    Despite the trolling from Seahawks and Chiefs fans, Manning did not turn into Alex Smith at the end of the season

We just need a comment about a hard sack breaking his neck to complete the trollage

Leave a comment:

• Br0nc0Buster
    replied
    Originally posted by redrage View Post
    Don't know why you would think that. Peyton has not played well in any of the Super Bowls he's played in. His arm strength noticeably declined the last 4-6 games last year and likely will again. The Broncos do have the inside track to get back because the AFC is pretty mediocre, but I'll take the NFC team.
    Umm....no it didnt
    Peyton Manning in the last 4 games of the regular season:
    1352 yards
    14 TDs
    1 Int

Leave a comment:

• Oranges
    replied
    Originally posted by baja View Post
    Manning's injury was to nerves, we have been told they are rebuilding and that could take an undetermined length of time. Remember he could not throw a football ten yards early in his recovery. You are correct in saying Peyton's arm strength did lessen last season and the previous season. By all accounts his arm strength is noticeably improved this year and that was expected by his doctors. He may be fine now but your point is well taken it does need to be watched carefully. Hopefully we will have more games well in hand by the 4th quarter and Fox will be assertive enough to put Brock in the game. That will help both Peyton and Brock's game.
    Two straight season's is enough of a trend for it to be an issue. Weather it be nerves or what have you, if week 14 or 15 roles around and we start seeing it again we can only hope the Broncos also see it.
    I dont think less actual game reps is a legit option, but less after practice reps could be and what if it has something to do with temperature? Maybe more indoor practices. IDK, but theyre are people on the Broncos payroll who make alot of money who should know.
    The point is we have enough of a sample size to atleast acknowledge it, look out for it and think of ways to rectify it.

Leave a comment:

• baja
    replied
    This is an interesting observation and something the Broncos may want to study. Could more rest and less reps in practice be beneficial to Peyton down the stretch. Less strength training? IDK but you bring up an interesting point.
    Manning's injury was to nerves, we have been told they are rebuilding and that could take an undetermined length of time. Remember he could not throw a football ten yards early in his recovery. You are correct in saying Peyton's arm strength did lessen last season and the previous season. By all accounts his arm strength is noticeably improved this year and that was expected by his doctors. He may be fine now but your point is well taken it does need to be watched carefully. Hopefully we will have more games well in hand by the 4th quarter and Fox will be assertive enough to put Brock in the game. That will help both Peyton and Brock's game.

Leave a comment:

• Oranges
    replied
    Originally posted by redrage View Post
    Don't know why you would think that. Peyton has not played well in any of the Super Bowls he's played in. His arm strength noticeably declined the last 4-6 games last year and likely will again. The Broncos do have the inside track to get back because the AFC is pretty mediocre, but I'll take the NFC team.
    This is an interesting observation and something the Broncos may want to study. Could more rest and less reps in practice be beneficial to Peyton down the stretch. Less strength training? IDK but you bring up an interesting point.

Leave a comment:

• Oranges
    replied
    I havent seen a single writer pick the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl yet. They're clearly the team to beat and I dont see their division being as tough as most people think. I see the 49ers sliding a bit and the Hawks getting home field through the playoffs.

Wilson will only get better as he's playing to secure his 23 Million a year contract plus now add a healthy Harvin to the mix.

Sherman vs Julian Fn' Edelman... that's laughable

Oh, and get ready for it- when Gronk and Amendola go down for Pats fan to start crying about their bad luck.. **** you.. They're hurt every year,, whos ****ing fault is it for relying on them??
    Last edited by Oranges; 09-01-2014, 08:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X