Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Del Rio "made right choice" with Broncos -nice article

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jack Del Rio "made right choice" with Broncos -nice article






    The Broncos' defensive coordinator, and pro tem head coach last season, possesses a dedicated work ethic, determination and competitiveness defined by the Del Rio ancestry.

    In 1907 a young Spaniard, whose last name meant "Of The River," and his wife were crammed with 2,200 other emigrants into "animal-like cages," it was reported then, in the hold of steamship Heliopolis docked at Malaga on the Mediterranean Sea. They were bound for a new life in the Pacific Ocean.

    Forty-seven miserable days later — a voyage across two oceans and around the Strait of Magellan — the dazed passengers arrived in Hawaii. Fourteen babies had been born, but 19 children died. The Del Rio couple were among the 8,000 "contract employees," who had endured hunger and unrest in southern Spanish villages, lured to an "island paradise" with promises of a house, an acre of land, medical care and 20 gold pieces a month.

    "My great-grandfather was a pineapple picker," Jack Del Rio told me.

    The imported workers had not understood they would labor 16 hours a day 26 days a month at the blooming pineapple plantation on the northwest side of Maui.

    http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2...rio-made-right
    Last edited by baja; 08-25-2014, 11:04 AM.

  • #2
    short article.

    link maybe?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
      short article.

      link maybe?
      http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2...rio-made-right

      Comment


      • #4

        Comment


        • #5
          He made right choices? According to Baja, Jack did jack **** (or benefitted) while his great grandfather worked his ass off. Maybe there is more but without a link, the powerful ending is somewhere in internet land.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think I would have sided with his friends who said he should have sat on the beach for a year....

            Comment


            • #7
              As ludo21 says, The "made the right choice" line refers to Del Rio taking the Broncos job instead of taking a year off and collecting a check from the Jaguars.

              I disagree with ludo about taking the year off. I think Del Rio has a better chance of landing another head coaching gig now than he ever would have if he took a year off. A new head coaching gig will buy a lot of pineapples.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                short article.

                link maybe?
                Oh sorry I left as I hit the submit button Thought I had included the link. I see someone else posted it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                  He made right choices? According to Baja, Jack did jack **** (or benefitted) while his great grandfather worked his ass off. Maybe there is more but without a link, the powerful ending is somewhere in internet land.
                  Must you be a dick every day?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                    Hello have you met BroncocaliJohn.. He's that way to me everyday all day..you get use to it..

                    He might be Wag's beastard child they both hate everything that was not their idea.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                      Hello have you met BroncocaliJohn.. He's that way to me everyday all day..you get use to it..
                      Hey, I have laid off you (no sexual reference) a long time ago. I could do it everyday but you get abused by the others enough. Dont be exaggerating now. Baja, too damn sensitive. He forgot the link and cant take a little ribbing. Hell, that was way light. Old man needs to have a Corona...or four.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                        Hey, I have laid off you (no sexual reference) a long time ago. I could do it everyday but you get abused by the others enough. Dont be exaggerating now. Baja, too damn sensitive. He forgot the link and cant take a little ribbing. Hell, that was way light. Old man needs to have a Corona...or four.
                        Dude it's not just one post. You are obsessed with this posting rules thingy. You are approaching errand level obnoxious. Just trying to give you a heads up.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X