Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what does our recieving corps look like w/o Wes? (FF related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does our recieving corps look like w/o Wes? (FF related)

let's play worst-case hypothetical, and assume Wes is done for the season. Obviously, no one wants that, but the probability of it happening is >0 so it's something to consider.

What will the impact be on our passing game?

I have my first Fantasy football draft coming up in 4 hours or so, I need a better handle on what happens here.

With Welker, here is what I had projected:
    Demaryius Thomas 90 1350 12
    Wes Welker 75 825 8
    Emmanuel Sanders 60 780 6
    Andre Caldwell 15 190 1
    Cody Latimer 15 190 1
    Julius Thomas 76 933 11
    Jacob Tamme 13 135 1
    Virgil Green 12 165 1

this represents a slight decrease in passing numbers, coinciding with a stronger running game. Welker is a big chunk of this, obviously. If he is out, what happens?

I'm thinking Sanders slides into the slot. Who gets first looks at the other WR position? we all hope it's Latimer, but history (Fox's history with rookies) tells us that Caldwell would be the primary beneficiary. Either way, Caldwell or Latimer are severely underrated.

If Welker is out for a significant amount of time, someone will pick up the slack and whomever it is will pay huge dividends.

DT, Caldwell/Lat, Sanders, JT.

And Green or Tamme get an extended role in the offense.

Comment

To me it means Caldwell's value just went up
      I would imagine he is going to take Welker's snaps

Sanders was my dirty little secret as he is criminally under valued, but after last night I think that is about to change

Comment

Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
        To me it means Caldwell's value just went up
        I would imagine he is going to take Welker's snaps

Sanders was my dirty little secret as he is criminally under valued, but after last night I think that is about to change
        I got Sanders as my 5th receiver in two leagues. Talk about a steal. I think Sanders should be looked at as a top 35-40 overall guy, especially if Welker is out.

Comment

I would move DT up a handful of spots. Manning clearly favors him and he's probably worth a top 8 pick now.

Comment

There is no way Caldwell should be playing ahead of Latimer. I actually like the trio of DT, Latimer, and Sanders.

Comment

As Latimer continues a rapid orientation to NFL DBs and speed of the game and continues dialing in chemistry with PM, he'll be right up there with Sanders making a very tough WR corp ... Not to mention JT and Tamme thrown in for good measure.

We just can't afford to lose anyone else .. We've had our quota of loses for this season and enough already!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
                There is no way Caldwell should be playing ahead of Latimer. I actually like the trio of DT, Latimer, and Sanders.
                we can want that, but the coaches haven't shown this yet. Has Latimer even been on the field with Manning yet?

Comment

so right now I have bumped Sanders up to roughly 85/1020/7, which is quite a bit less than Decker but more than most projections have him at. That puts him at roughly WR20, and a top 36th player overall.

Running thru my mock, I pretty much have to take him early in the 4th, which is about a round earlier than he typically would go (late 6th rounder, per adp)

Looks to me like Sanders is significantly underrated at that point, right now I'm debating if he's someone I should consider late in the 4th.

Comment

Denver releases Wes & Vickerson, takes their cap savings and throws money at Tony Gonzales. He accepts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
                      Caldwell can hold his own. He did well filling in for Welker last year. It is a matter of time though and it might be very soon where Cody Latimer is going to unleash on this league.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                        Denver releases Wes & Vickerson, takes their cap savings and throws money at Tony Gonzales. He accepts.
                        Interesting

Comment

Hmm, havent thought about it.

But if Wes has to retire, Gonzalez as the safety valve would be quite interesting now.

Comment

What is the cap hit is Welker retires?

Comment

You had me until Tony G. They should use the savings for extending current players or signing someone at a position that wouldn't be redundant.
                              Last edited by Kaylore; 08-24-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X