Elway should have cut Wes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway should have cut Wes

And used that 6M on Decker who basically signed a 2yr. /15 Million deal with the Jets.
    I was saying this all offseason.
    http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115489

This is Elway's first true ****up as the GM. He was blind not to notice that Wes was 1 concussion away from probably being done and that this year wouldn't be any different then last in terms of the number of big hits Wes can't seem to avoid anymore

The writing was on the wall and Elway blew it. Unless Elway is in the business of paying for past performance , there was no reason Wes should have made this team without redoing his huge deal. Booooo

shut up nerd

Comment

Anyone else like the idea of DT and Latimer on the outsides, Sanders in the slot?

Comment

Originally posted by Inkana7 View Post
        shut up nerd
        Just admit that Im always ****in right and ill quit making these retribution threads where I shine the light on the idiocy that is the orange lame

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
          Just admit that Im always ****in right and ill quit making these retribution threads where I shine the light on the idiocy that is the orange lame
          Hmmm...maybe this forum is lame because of useless threads like this made by little babies who need attention?

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
            Anyone else like the idea of DT and Latimer on the outsides, Sanders in the slot?
            That gives me chills, but I truly think Latimer is a year away from being that strong of an outside receiver to justify moving Sanders inside. He has raw talent and a ton of upside, but he is still a rookie. Until he gets used to the speed and strength of DB's he will face on a play by play basis it would be a dangerous idea to make position switches now and be in a situation where we are really counting on him to produce.

And on the Welker side, give me a break. If he hadn't gotten his bell rung last night this bull**** thread wouldn't exist. In retrospect a lot of moves after the fact were mistakes, when at the time of making the decision they were the right move. Drafting Oz in the 2nd was the right move at the time had Peyton not been able to return to form, but now in retrospect we can look at the situation and say we should have spent the pick on someone else. In everyday life there are examples as well. Voting Obama into office, at the time seemed like a great idea, now in retrospect we see that that was a horrible decision.

When you look at everything after the fact you can always find reasons to bitch. Just like you can bring up the great moves that Elway has made. But for the most part no one wants to give any kind of credit, people just want to find the one perceived mistake and gripe on that.
            Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 08-24-2014, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
              And used that 6M on Decker who basically signed a 2yr. /15 Million deal with the Jets.
              I was saying this all offseason.
              http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115489

This is Elway's first true ****up as the GM. He was blind not to notice that Wes was 1 concussion away from probably being done and that this year wouldn't be any different then last in terms of the number of big hits Wes can't seem to avoid anymore

The writing was on the wall and Elway blew it. Unless Elway is in the business of paying for past performance , there was no reason Wes should have made this team without redoing his huge deal. Booooo
              Clearly, you have a poor grasp of NFL economics. The team has a budget for signing bonuses that they are willing to dole out in the offseason. Had we matched Decker's contract that the Jets gave him - which included $15 million guaranteed - that means we don't get at least one of the other players we signed. We certainly wouldn't have been likely to bring in Sanders. Possibly would have cost us another player, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkana7 View Post
                Hmmm...maybe this forum is lame because of useless threads like this made by little babies who need attention?

Useless? Baby?

I was right and everyone who bashed me in that thread I linked were wrong. I knew Wes wouldn't be worth his 8 million and it baffles me that no one else saw it. Why can't we have a discussion about why those folks (kaybore.) thought I was wrong , and possible still think I'm wrong today?

When an 8 million a year player goes down with his 3rd concussion in 10 months I think it's worth starting a thread about

But I guess I'm an ass bc I'm not one of the sheep /elway tea-baggers who think its blasphemous to ever criticize the team.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
                  Clearly, you have a poor grasp of NFL economics. The team has a budget for signing bonuses that they are willing to dole out in the offseason. Had we matched Decker's contract that the Jets gave him - which included $15 million guaranteed - that means we don't get at least one of the other players we signed. We certainly wouldn't have been likely to bring in Sanders. Possibly would have cost us another player, too.
                  Oh, but the inferno knows what Pat's budget was and "clearly" it was limited?

Everything you just said in the black text above, inside the square box , - is complete and utter ****.

Comment

Yawn.......

Comment

I said the same thing as well........

Comment

I bet Elway wish he had a crystal ball as well
                        Last edited by Rascal; 08-24-2014, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rascal View Post
                          I bet Elway wish he had a crystal ball
                          Bc it takes a crystal ball to understand Wes was 1 big, unavoidable, hit away from being done with football? It that what you're saying? Could you confirm that and 1 more thing for all of us??

Comment

Elway was "so blind" to not notice Wes was at the end of his contract and possibly career he did nothing, except sign Emmanuel Sanders who just scored 2 TD's in a couple of minutes against a great defense, and traded up in the draft to get Cody Latimer, who is looking like a complete steal in the second, and probably be starting and playing better than Decker by the end of the year. But other than that, nothing! How will the Broncos survive this oversight!?!

Comment

Another winner thread

Comment

Working...
                              X