Random thoughts about preseason game 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random thoughts about preseason game 3

• Sucks about Welker. Swearinger is a dick and may have ended Welker's career, but I don't think he was trying to spear anyone. He led with his shoulder.
    • The team looked tired to me. These are two teams familiar with each other banging it out. It was nice to see after some rough going that we cranked the offense and defense up righ at the end.
    • Our scheme was pretty vanilla. Crennel likes to blitz a lot. There were some things we struggled with, but we handled it well.
    • Very happy about Roby stepping it up. Corners always take longer to develop and he played like someone with confidence.
    • Burse had some good returns and I don't get scared he's going to muff the way I did with Holiday back there. I think he may be the guy.
    • Nobody is talking about it, but Brandon Marshall is a pretty good linebacker. We should be ok until Danny T gets back.
    • Depth on the defensive line really showed itself. Marvin Austin is a great player and a steal. Really excited about all the depth along the line.
    • Juwan Thompson is going to be one of the regulars by the end of the season.
    • What was going on with Prater? He looked weird.
    • The guys that were dealing with injury like Von and Montee looked really good. I liked how they tried to use them a lot. That goes with the game plan. It was more about experimentation and kicking rust off than actually winning the game.
    • Not sure Ben Garland survives the first round of cuts.

I agree with you that this game seemed to be more about knockign the rust of certain players (Ball, Sanders, Von) than trying to win. SO I wasn't really concerned with the slow start.

Sanders looked great.
    Prater looked like crap.
    Oz didn't look too hot.
    Juwan Thompson and Anderson both look better than Hillman, though Hillman does seem to have improved.
    Manning's taunting penalty was great.
    Roby was surprisingly good.
    Sucks about Welker.
    I wasn't that impressed with the return game.

Comment

• Emmanuel Sanders is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
        • Emmanuel Sanders is sexy.

Comment

Blame on loss goes to one guy.

Tony Gonzales is an asshole. Yeah, I said it. A ****ing asshole.

Comment

Nothing nice about leading with your shoulder to someone's head.

-I love the way Thompson runs.
            -Sanders has crazy speed and is really going to give Gase a whole new skillset to use (and he doesn't trip over Manti's girlfriend)
            -Nacho may very well be cut
            -Prater has the yips....but the other guy is worse

Comment

I thought oz looked great. He did really well when he had some time to throw. Sure he had a pick off a deflection. Manning had one that wasn't even touched.

Oz also had 4 straight drops by receivers where the ball hit them cleanly in the hands. He actually impressed me a lot tonight.

Comment

I'm really surprised Thompson hasn't moved up the depth chart, or at the very least gotten reps with manning.

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                  I thought oz looked great. He did really well when he had some time to throw. Sure he had a pick off a deflection. Manning had one that wasn't even touched.

Oz also had 4 straight drops by receivers where the ball hit them cleanly in the hands. He actually impressed me a lot tonight.
                  Manning' was a result if Sanders running a wrong route. Buuuuut I think he more than made up for that!

Oz had no time..... But threw like crap today

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
                    I'm really surprised Thompson hasn't moved up the depth chart, or at the very least gotten reps with manning.
                    Crennel Blitzes a lot, not sure you want him in there protecting your seasons hope and dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
                      Manning' was a result if Sanders running a wrong route. Buuuuut I think he more than made up for that!

Oz had no time..... But threw like crap today
                      oz has shown some improvement this year, but I think Romeo Crennel showed what it would be like if he were thrown into the fire right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                        oz has shown some improvement this year, but I think Romeo Crennel showed what it would be like if he were thrown into the fire right now.
                        OS STILL hasn't played behind the #1 line. Other than ONE time he missed the blitz coming ( IMO) he saw and got the ball out fast enough. Receivers did not help him and dropped too many. Line was like swiss cheese. and Gase didn't send in blocking help until the series was down to one play.

Overall bad execution by everyone in the second unit.

Comment

I agree with most of that.

Havent watched the game live yet, had to listen to radio.

Omar Bolden until he went down was having ANOTHER solid game.

Comment

Said it many times, i cant judge Oz because he's playing with backups.

Comment

Boyett? Mitchell? Murphy? Any pay close attention?

Comment

Working...
                              X