No announcement yet.

Mile High Sports Radio - saying we have concerns with our CB's and secondary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mile High Sports Radio - saying we have concerns with our CB's and secondary

MHSR - just heard on their radio podcast they have concerns with Talib and Roby, saying the've been getting torched in practices and preseason games a bit too often. Even saying our Safeites are more box safeties then cover safeties and that overall, there is a real concern about our coverage abilities in our secondary. With Harris coming off a knee injury and not fully recovered yet and Webster not showing anything consistent, are you guys maybe a tad concerned, or do you think once Miller comes back, that the pass rush will be enough to help them out some.

Meh, kinda of early to be "concerned" I think but it's something to keep our eye on.

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    MHSR - just heard on their radio podcast they have concerns with Talib and Roby, saying the've been getting torched in practices and preseason games a bit too often. Even saying our Safeites are more box safeties then cover safeties and that overall, there is a real concern about our coverage abilities in our secondary. With Harris coming off a knee injury and not fully recovered yet and Webster not showing anything consistent, are you guys maybe a tad concerned, or do you think once Miller comes back, that the pass rush will be enough to help them out some.

Meh, kinda of early to be "concerned" I think but it's something to keep our eye on.

I'm concerned, but not overly. Frankly, there isn't a whole lot else on this team to be concerned about. If the most conderning unit on this team includes Chris Harris, Aquib Talib, and TJ Ward, all fortified by a stout pass-rush, I think we will be ok.

Comment

The pass rush will help. I see teams spreading us out tho, 4 and 5 wr sets and getting the ball out quick. Need a good jam at the line and our dt will need to put a lot of pressure up the middle.

Comment

It's clear to me that if our new secondary hasn't gelled by preseason week 3, we may as well write off the season as insufficiently shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by Castinkas View Post
          The pass rush will help. I see teams spreading us out tho, 4 and 5 wr sets and getting the ball out quick. Need a good jam at the line and our dt will need to put a lot of pressure up the middle.
          I just think over the course of an entire game we are going to have a much easier team stopping other teams from scoring than they will stopping us. So no, not worried.

My ONLY concern is the brutality of our schedule and that we could go something like 11-5 which would be amazing with this schedule and end up playing on wild card weekend...then having to go on the road.

Comment

We are equal if not better than last year. Still not ideal but with Von back healthy and Ware they should make it easier for the guys in the back and no matter what our safeties are better than what we trotted out on the field last year

Comment

Eh, maybe a little bit.

But Talib, Harris, Webster, Roby, with Moore/Ward at S is a pretty strong secondary with the pass rush we'll be running out there.

Is it Seattle, no, but we can do far worse.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                I honestly believe that 11-5 is pessimistic even with this schedule.
                If we somehow roll out of the gates 3-0, everyone will be talking undefeated from that moment forward.

Comment

Not worried about our secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
                    I just think over the course of an entire game we are going to have a much easier team stopping other teams from scoring than they will stopping us. So no, not worried.

My ONLY concern is the brutality of our schedule and that we could go something like 11-5 which would be amazing with this schedule and end up playing on wild card weekend...then having to go on the road.
                    Could easily see us going 11-5 then having to win playoff games at New England and Indy. Might come down to head to head tiebreakers. To me, the colts and Patriots are 11-5, 12-4 teams at best, even with the cake schedules.

As far as the secondary is concerned, I'm not worried. Websters been banged up a little, Roby is still learning, and Harris isn't back yet. It has been surprising to see Talib get beat badly on a few occasions these first two games, but he will be fine. I'm not worried until Indy comes out and drops 35 on us opening night, and we either squeak by or lose a nail biter. In that scenario, I might begin to fret over it somewhat.

Comment

Not concerned yet. Good thing some people say we have a decent Offense that might put up a couple of points per game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                        I honestly believe that 11-5 is pessimistic even with this schedule.
                        Don't get me wrong. I think we are one of the top 3 teams in the league if not the top team. I just think when you play 10 games against playoff teams, another 4 that aren't gimmies (Jets, Rams, Cardinals, Dolphins), and you have road games with Seattle, NE, SD, KC, and Cincinnati anything over 10-6 is incredible. Like I said a normal team with that schedule would be looking at 5-11

Comment

Once we get up by a couple of scores our pass rush is going to eat people up. Not too worried about the secondary.

Comment

Crap! The secondary is having trouble playing against Manning, DT, Welker, JT, and Latimer while they work on improving the highest scoring offense in league history and no one is allowed to even knock Manning to the dirt? Game over.

Comment

Just curious, what secondary out there wouldn't get torched by our offense?

Comment

Working...
                              X