Broncos Report: No Looking Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Report: No Looking Back

Bowlen would have wanted the kind of big, brassy offseason Elway oversaw. It was bold, and it was fast. It needed to be big because of that very bad day in New Jersey last winter. Let’s start there. I asked Elway if it’s worse to lose a Super Bowl narrowly, or to screw up the first center snap of the game, never be in the game and get blown out 43-8, the way Denver did last February?

Well,’’ said Elway, smiling, “I’ve never lost a Super Bowl any other way.’

There’s not much talk about 43-8 around here, or about Super Bowl hangovers. There is talk about what is new. Though the age of so many important players should be cause for concern (more about that later), Elway had a pretty good offseason doing some reconstruction where it was needed. No AFC team enters the season with a better chance to get to the Super than Denver, the team with the best record (26-6) in the league over the last two regular seasons. But we might not be able to say that if Elway hadn’t had the kind of off-season Pat Bowlen would love: aggressive, and all-in.

What got fixed, Denver hopes...

Continued at - http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/21/nfl-tr...enver-broncos/

Nice article

Found this part interesting:
    "Montee Ball’s going to be a monster in this offense. With Knowshon Moreno gone and only changeup speed back Ronnie Hillman pressing for playing time, Ball could put up the number Edgerrin James put up behind Peyton Manning in Indy."

Comment

I think this team can certainly feed off Elway and what his team did back in 97 after losing in 96 when they has such a great team, and then to win it all the next year.

We got more physical this offseason. Now we only need to stay healthy and we should be right there at the end, with a GOOD chance to win it all.

Comment

If Ware can’t return to being Ware, Manning will have to score big weekly to ensure another 13-3 season.
        I think Peter is forgetting about the impact a healthy focused Von Miller can make. It's not all on Ware's shoulders. I'm excited to see what both of these guys do this year since they both feel that they have something to prove this year.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
          I think Peter is forgetting about the impact a healthy focused Von Miller can make. It's not all on Ware's shoulders. I'm excited to see what both of these guys do this year since they both feel that they have something to prove this year.
          Couldnt agree more. Its not like we had Ware last year. Then again we did have all world Robert Ayers. They must hold equal value.

Comment

"Best team on opening day no question? Did you forget the Patriots play in the AFC and was the most injured team in the NFL last year and only lost by 10 against Denver in Denver in the AFC Championship? Oh and the Pats beat Denver in the regular season with 8 starters injured. You're also assuming Talib stays healthy all year, which hasn't happened yet in his career. Did you forget the Pats picked up the best CB in the NFL? Did you forget when Gronk was playing last year, the Pats were the best offense in the NFL? Plus another year with all the new receivers will only improve the passing game even more. Dont know why everyone thinks Sanders is better or even on the same level as Decker. Sanders hasnt shown any dominance playing with big Ben in Pittsburgh, so not sure why you think Sanders will make Denver's offense better. Remember, Mannings arm isnt what it used to be and Sanders is a downfield threat. Decker is a bigger target with better hands and a better route runner. He also had a couple years playing with Manning to develop chemistry, which Sanders still needs to do. IF you think the Broncos are slight favorites to win the AFC, fine! But "clear cut favorites" is an idiotic statement. If the Pats win that week 15 game vs the Dolphins, they would've had home field advantage throughout, because we would've owned the tiebreaker vs Denver. But apparently Peter King thinks the Pats will digress even now that we're healthy. The Pats have a better defense, a much better coach, a better playoff QB. The Broncos have a better receiving corps and maybe a slightly better pass rush (if Ware and Miller stay healthy). Broncos also have to play the NFC West this year. Pats will go around 14-2, Broncos around 12-4 (give or take one game for both teams). Pats in my opinion are the favorites to win the super bowl...clear cut favorites!!"

Classic Pats fan right here.

Comment

This is a weird statement -

"Manning is the franchise; this is a 9-7 team—at best—without him"

That is actually a compliment as most NFL teams would struggle to be over .500 without their starting QB, so why does he phrase it as a negative?

Comment

It's time to seperate the mens from the boys, the women from the girls, and the tools from the toys.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                  This is a weird statement -

"Manning is the franchise; this is a 9-7 team—at best—without him"

That is actually a compliment as most NFL teams would struggle to be over .500 without their starting QB, so why does he phrase it as a negative?
                  If Oz is forced into a starting roll he will surprise a lot of people.

Comment

Working...
                  X