Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you play Manning, JT, DT, Clady this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play Manning, JT, DT, Clady this week?

I'm going to say NO. Ball is not back yet so we're not going to be able to give him game reps with Manning. That might be the only reason why I think you might play Manning and co a few series.

Especially having practiced against the Texans all week, they already got some work in against somebody who is not your own defense. I think the passing game is looking very sharp at this point and I just don't see any real benefit to playing any of these guys this week. Not even next week really.

If anything, maybe at most a series or 2 this game but many teams will be playing starters for the entire 1st half and a series into the 3rd.

Knowing we are loaded and really the only thing that will get in our way is key injuries, I'm totally down for shelving these few keys guys until the regular season.

Id like to see Oz in with the 1s. Passing to DT while getting protection from our Oline.

Comment

I'd like to see Thompson in with the 1s

Comment

I say keep Manning and DT out....

BO should start and that's the reason for Clady and the other #1s to play at least a few series. We want to see what Os does with the #1s . DT is already dinged a bit ,so no time for him.
        Ball...maybe if he's ready..needs game snaps.

I'd still like to see what Thompson and Anderson do behind the #1s and also what Hillman has when he's behind the #2s. I think it will be interesting. Hillman has looked better...but he is supposed to and I just don't trust his vision .

Other than that I think you are right. Our starters should probably rest this game for the most part. We need to find out what we really have at QB , and RB though.

If we play our starters and lose someone to injury this game people will be all over Fox. If it were Manning they will be right. Inexcusable. But live fire is coming soon. And Manning will be the first to complain if he is held out. He ALWAYS wants the ball.

Comment

Its a moot point because they will play, but i'd sit em.

Comment

I stated this in the other thread as well, to me I say play like it is game 2. Play 1 quarter and then bench em.

If this team is really deep as we think their will be tough cuts, those guys deserve an extra game to show what they truly have.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
              I stated this in the other thread as well, to me I say play like it is game 2. Play 1 quarter and then bench em.

If this team is really deep as we think their will be tough cuts, those guys deserve an extra game to show what they truly have.
              This is where I am. I think the 1s need as much game time together as possible, but if they played as much as they did last game and sat I would be happy enough.

Comment

It's game 3.....Starters for full first half and give Oz & JT2 a series or two with OL1 to start the 3rd.

Comment

Play them. They wont be in much next game (if at all). I do wonder why coaches dont let 2s play some downs with the 1s. I like to see if Thompson can handle playing against the varsity team over the J.V. team.

Comment

I trust the coaches on this one, I do think I have seen enough already to have them play a series or 2 but not deep into the game like a normal 3rd week of the PS.

I would like to see Oss get some reps with the starting O but not sure if that would happen. I don't want to see Manning and DT out there long.

Comment

With his running style I would love to see Thompson with the 1s. If you can get him to the second level, he's going to hurt someone.

Comment

Manning hand the ball off to Thompson for the first series till we either score or punt then he heads to the bench for Oz. Oz in with the 1's for the rest of the first half minus DT. Then Dysert with the 2's and 3's.

Comment

Oh yeah! Roll the starters for about a whole half, unproven starters for 3 quarters. We need to see manning throw to Sanders. We need to see Von get into the game.

Comment

I play everyone 1 series. After that I sit Peyton, DT, Clady, Ware, Ward, and Talib.

Comment

...the 3rd preseason game is the closest thing the starters will get to a regular season game. They will play into the 3rd quarter. Basically the 3rd game is a dress rehearsal for the real thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X