Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT-Live recording of The Vehicle by my band.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-Live recording of The Vehicle by my band.

http://picosong.com/cTTS

Couple people been asking what we sound like live so here it is. We don't usually play classic rock but this tune is one people request a lot. I guess it's because it was a 1 hit wonder or something. I take these recording right off the board so the mix is a little raw.

love the brass, however I'm not a big fan of that song...

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
      love the brass, however I'm not a big fan of that song...
      I'm not really that into it either. I'd rather play Steely Dan or Blood Sweat and Tears etc. But people request it all the time so we learned it. My theory is people try to think of songs they know with horns and all they can think of is the Vehicle and Mustang Sally.

Comment

Sounded good to me

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
          Sounded good to me
          Thanks Zona.

Comment

That song always reminds me of the movie the wedding singer. Not sure why. Agreed love the horns felt a bit rushed but I'd pay a cover charge to drink an beer and watch you all play. The singer has a great blues voice .

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
              That song always reminds me of the movie the wedding singer. Not sure why. Agreed love the horns felt a bit rushed but I'd pay a cover charge to drink an beer and watch you all play. The singer has a great blues voice .
              I feel like our bass player and drummer aren't locking in together all the time. Sort of like they are fighting each other a bit.

Comment

cover band in general remind me of that movie. I love the part when they are trying out for her lol. Spinal Tap made fun of heavy metal but they really need a good movie that makes fun of cover bands.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                  I feel like our bass player and drummer aren't locking in together all the time. Sort of like they are fighting each other a bit.
                  Have them smoke a big fatty before the show. That should fix the problem. I don't know what you play but the bass was rushing a bit and it gave it that sound. 10 times better then most local bands around here. Props.

Comment

Have them smoke a big fatty before the show. That should fix the problem. I don't know what you play but the bass was rushing a bit and it gave it that sound. 10 times better then most local bands around here. Props.
                    I'm in the horn section playing tenor sax. It's like being an offensive lineman who gets a goal line carry (solo) once in awhile lol. The bass player makes his part up too much lol. It's sort of hard for us horn player because we come from backgrounds playing in HS and college in big groups where you have to be precise. Rock players come from their moms garage.

Comment

I'm in the horn section playing tenor sax. It's like being an offensive lineman who gets a goal line carry (solo) once in awhile lol. The bass player makes his part up too much lol. It's sort of hard for us horn player because we come from backgrounds playing in HS and college in big groups where you have to be precise. Rock players come from their moms garage.
                      I have a selmer mark 7 " Alto" if you're looking for a great toy. I picked up a Six and no longer need it. It's collectable as well. It was the only year they were un-engraved because the engraver died. Just had all new pads put on it. Just a little FYI. Oh and the the Horns were dead on.

Comment

I have a selmer mark 7 " Alto" if you're looking for a great toy. I picked up a Six and no longer need it. It's collectable as well. It was the only year they were un-engraved because the engraver died. Just had all new pads put on it. Just a little FYI. Oh and the the Horns were dead on.
                        Those are nice horns man! I wish i could afford to by some more horns. I have my Yamaha 62 alto and tenor still that i have played forever. I have a custom barone copper necks on them to warm them up a tad.

What i really want is a Selmer Ref 54 in the matte finish.

Comment

I'm not really that into it either. I'd rather play Steely Dan or Blood Sweat and Tears etc. But people request it all the time so we learned it. My theory is people try to think of songs they know with horns and all they can think of is the Vehicle and Mustang Sally.
                          Oingo Boingo. Had brass section in many of their songs. One of the best original bands from the 80s and early 90s. Miss hearing Danny Elfman and the band play live.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                            Oingo Boingo. Had brass section in many of their songs. One of the best original bands from the 80s and early 90s. Miss hearing Danny Elfman and the band play live.
                            Loved them back in the day. There are a couple really good Boingo tribute bands floating around So Calif . I'd love to play in a Boingo tribute, that would be a ton of fun. One of my first concerts was my brother taking me to Boingo at the Palladium for my 17 bday, 1987!
                            Last edited by cutthemdown; 08-21-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Sounds good. Love the singer. The only thing holding you guys back is the horn.

Comment

Working...
                              X