SiriusXM Radio - Interesting Topics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SiriusXM Radio - Interesting Topics

I listen to XM NFL Channel 88 everyday and it is great. Really recommend it.

But I am noticeing 3 recurring topics that keep coming up time and time again:

The Dallas cowboys are not going to win 4 games this year. It is estimated that their defense is going to be historically bad. One show a caller asked the panel how many games they estimate Dallas will win and they all agreed no more than 4 games. "Not one of Dallas's defensive players could start in Seattle, maybe not even 2nd string". Attributing it to the loss of WARE, Lee, Lawrence, Hatcher, and Ratliff. They say the pressure will be on Romo to produce to cover up for the defense, and he is recovering from back surgery.

The New England Patriots will resemble the team they used to be. They are really emphasizing that the Patriots, although they hate to admit it, are the most disciplined and well coached team in the NFL. That Belichick can scheme better than anybody and really likes to go after other teams weaknesses. They say now that the offense is healthy, specifically Gronkowski, and that they now have Revis on defense, everything will change. They say with a guy like Revis, Belichick and his defensive coaches will build entire game plans around Revis Island. Making their defense better.

The Broncos are the team to beat this year. They say we were a Superbowl caliber team last year, and this year we got better on Offense, and we got better on Defense. John Elway has assembled a team filled with superstars. They say, among other things, our biggest question mark is the run game. Will we be more balanced and take advantage of 5 man boxes? They said a "a good running game is a quarterbacks best friend, and although Peyton is one of, if not the best in the world, a good running game would help him, take pressure off of him and make him even better and more effective". They think that Ball is a better talent than Moreno, and that it seemed things really slowed down for him at the tail end of last year.

I wouldn't post something like this if the source was anything but these guys. They really know football. What do you think?

Hmm I will have to tune this in on my commute.

Comment

idk. In my opinion, it's almost like peyton told Gase on the side that he wants to throw the ball more, because he has more control over the game that way. Now, his talent and experience are really showing. Just dominating the NFL. Do we really want to take the ball out of his hands? He is 38 and is determined. I think throwing more than running is not a bad decision considering the predicament. I say continue to throw more and let Peyton show off his true capability before he retires. Dude is insane. He had what 10 interceptions last year? to 55 touchdowns.

Comment

I miss the combo of Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan.

Comment

I have always liked that station. I let my subscription lapse because the rest of the programming is garbage. I do miss the Sirus NFL channel it's way better than anything else out there.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
            I have always liked that station. I let my subscription lapse because the rest of the programming is garbage. I do miss the Sirus NFL channel it's way better than anything else out there.
            My subscription was up for renewal and I looked and it was almost 200...nope not worth it. Don't get why they think that radio, 90% of what we listen to we could get for free. And now I got to listen to commercials...what a joke.

Comment

The Patriots DL is a question to me but their LB corps and secondary is going to be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                I miss the combo of Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan.
                Me too, that was just awesome analysis.

Comment

I might renew my xm just for this station, listening to Gil Brandt's unbiased take on things beats listening to Dmac and big al try to out med each other about every player.

Comment

Originally posted by missingnumber7 View Post
                    My subscription was up for renewal and I looked and it was almost 200...nope not worth it. Don't get why they think that radio, 90% of what we listen to we could get for free. And now I got to listen to commercials...what a joke.
                    Call and say you're cancelling. You'll often get offered a good deal when you do this, like half price.

Comment

Originally posted by missingnumber7 View Post
                      They will negotiate down to 25 dollars for six months also you can get it on line only for about 3 bucks a month

Comment

I don't see anything really out on the ledge here. We know the Pats are always going to be in the mix with Brady and Billy Boy. The Broncos are obviously loaded. And the Cowboys, whether they win 4 games or 9, they're not a playoff team and that's that.

I'd love to see the Pats have to play against the NFC West this year, tools always seem to get a pansy ass schedule.

Comment

They will negotiate down to 25 dollars for six months also you can get it on line only for about 3 bucks a month
                          Online only might be the way to go. The biggest reason I'm not listening to MTC is that I'm not in my truck. Yet I stream all music from the cloud via my phone to my stereo. Do you get all channels online or just a selection?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                            Online only might be the way to go. The biggest reason I'm not listening to MTC is that I'm not in my truck. Yet I stream all music from the cloud via my phone to my stereo. Do you get all channels online or just a selection?
                            Yes everything but for music Pandora Pro is far better and about the same price or free with limited time per month.

Comment

Yes everything but for music Pandora Pro is far better and about the same price or free with limited time per month.
                              I should have been more specific. Do you get all the game broadcasts online, or just the standard channel lineup. Example: college football games that temporarily occupy a less-popular channel for the duration of the game. You get those online as well?

Comment

Working...
                              X