Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice squads increased to 10 players

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    By next week, NFL is expected to increase size of practice squads to 10 players from 8, per source. So 64 more jobs.

Helpful for us given all our depth and impending FA's.

It'd be cool if they could get it up to 30 and then have a minor league.

Comment

Excellent. This should benefit the teams that do a good job of drafting well. It sucks for a deep talented team to have to give up some of their better development players so other scrub teams can grab them up after they realized their draft sucked, haha.

I would also like them to make it so you can protect like 2 practice squad players.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
        Excellent. This should benefit the teams that do a good job of drafting well. It sucks for a deep talented team to have to give up some of their better development players so other scrub teams can grab them up after they realized their draft sucked, haha.

I would also like them to make it so you can protect like 2 practice squad players.
        Make the roster 55

Comment

They can still grab them up, they just have to make it to the 53. Don't see having 10 PS players changing that too much. It is good for these young guys though. Gives a few more of them a chance to improve and become NFL players. One of the Broncos alltime best Rod Smith made it this way. Its good to give a few more guys this opportunity, especially with how much more talent the NFL has now.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
            Make the roster 55
            This. If they really care about players safety they should increase the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
              Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
              By next week, NFL is expected to increase size of practice squads to 10 players from 8, per source. So 64 more jobs.

Helpful for us given all our depth and impending FA's.
              And that's no joke!
              We have so much depth, so many great playes with uncapped potential, that sucks not to be able to keep 'em all, but those 2 extra spots on the PS feels great...
              One thing I know for sure, not many players on our team are going to clear wavers, they're going to be snagged so fast, we won't know what hit us...

Comment

This still doesn't help out Ben Garland.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                  It'd be cool if they could get it up to 30 and then have a minor league.
                  Yep and make it by a player on the 53 man roster doesnt play a minimum of plays, he can play in that minor league game (monday?) This would get backup QBs the needed experience.

Comment

I welcome the rule change, but really, I don't know why they haven't changed the game day inactive list rule. 8 players on the inactive list is way too many in today's NFL, IMO. And the thing is, it wouldn't cost the owners one extra penny as the inactive players get paid anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                      Yep and make it by a player on the 53 man roster doesnt play a minimum of plays, he can play in that minor league game (monday?) This would get backup QBs the needed experience.
                      Yes. And offensive linemen. Steve Mariuchi was saying offensive linemen are the most hurt by the reduction in practice reps since the new CBA.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                        I welcome the rule change, but really, I don't know why they haven't changed the game day inactive list rule. 8 players on the inactive list is way too many in today's NFL, IMO. And the thing is, it wouldn't cost the owners one extra penny as the inactive players get paid anyway.
                        Why is there an inactive list anyway?

Comment

So teams can prevent players from joining active rosters and living their dream to play in the NFL?

The union would totally go for that.

Comment

Remarkable timing.

Comment

I looked at the roster list on denverbroncos.com for the SF game, Denver had 90 players listed. I was surprised they had so many considering even with 10 on the PS they'll have to cut 27 bodies in the next two weeks. And it looked like all 90 traveled to SF. I saw some guy named Pericax out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X