Brady
    5.80%
    Brees
    0.00%
    Drugs Are Wonderful
    28.99%

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
    +1 for drugs...?
    Da link. Alex Smith according to our own John Lynch. Just a funny clip.

Comment

Am I the only person who doesn't think Brady ranks top 3 anymore? Manning, Brees, Rivers and Foles outplayed him last season. Rodgers when healthy is superior. Stafford, Luck and Newton played at basically the same level and are only now about to start entering their primes, while he is in obvious decline.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
        Am I the only person who doesn't think Brady ranks top 3 anymore? Manning, Brees, Rivers and Foles outplayed him last season. Rodgers when healthy is superior. Stafford, Luck and Newton played at basically the same level and are only now about to start entering their primes, while he is in obvious decline.
        Don't know yet, he had zero options for most of the season last year and they still made the AFCCG. I would say he's still top 3 though.
        Last edited by ColoradoDarin; 08-17-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
          Don't know yet, he had zero options for most of the season last year and they still made the AFCCG. I would say he's still top 3 though.
          I hate that lack of options argument so many have for his decline in play. Until Denver and a couple seasons in Indy, Peyton never had multiple great receiving options. it was constantly nameless guys he turned into pro bowlers.

Also, Brady had a lot of guys who pitched in and made up for losses in the passing game

Edelman over 100 receptions and 1000 yards
          Vereen out of the backfield with over 40 receptions and 400 yards
          Gronk almost 40 receptions and 600 yards in a injury shortened year
          Amendola over 50 receptions and 600 yards
          Dobson almost 40 receptions and over 500 yards
          Thompkins over 30 receptions and over 400 yards

His receiving options get talked about as being weak because they aren't big names and production was spread around amongst 6 guys as opposed to 3.

Point remains the same, he isn't elite anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
            Until Denver and a couple seasons in Indy, Peyton never had multiple great receiving options. it was constantly nameless guys he turned into pro bowlers.
            I love Peyton but I think these two guys would disagree (and he would, too):

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoLifer View Post

I said multiple receiving options. I'd never besmirch what Wayne and Harrison have done. Aside from a few year stretch where Wayne and Harrison were playing great and were healthy Peyton always had 1 solid option and then randoms. Harrison and nobodies for years. Then once Harrison faded it became Wayne and randoms. Aside from a few years in the middle where they overlapped it wasn't until Denver that he had more than 1 true receiving option. Yet he always got the job done and there was never talk about his lack of receiving options.

Brady had Edelman and a bunch of randoms but because he isn't that great anymore he gets the, "his receiving options weren't great" argument to defend his decline in play

Comment

Dobson and Thompkins both showed good potential, we can see this year about their growth and then judge if Brady has declined much.

Comment

You forgot to put Brock as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by FlaBroncosFan View Post
                    You forgot to put Brock as an option.
                    That's on John Lynch. He's an diot.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                      Dobson and Thompkins both showed good potential, we can see this year about their growth and then judge if Brady has declined much.
                      Fair enough. I just think even when he had Welker and all his receiving options there has just been something missing in his game the last few years which has seen his career in overall decline.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoLifer View Post

The Edge feels left out.

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
                          The Edge feels left out.
                          So does TheDave....

Comment

Elway is the correct answer!

Comment

What kind of team are the Pats without Brady? Yes, he deserves top 3 consideration ...

Comment

Working...
                              X