Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
    I like it. The gimme point after is boring,
    You're missing the point. Imagine that we are down by 7 in the super bowl with two minutes left. Manning takes us 94 yards and throws a TD as time expires. Would you feel more comfortable with a gimme or a 30 yarder?

Comment

Originally posted by myMind View Post
      You're missing the point. Imagine that we are down by 7 in the super bowl with two minutes left. Manning takes us 94 yards and throws a TD as time expires. Would you feel more comfortable with a gimme or a 30 yarder?

You're missing the point. Imagine that we are up by 7 in the super bowl with two minutes left. The opponent goes 94 yards and throws a TD as time expires. Would you feel more comfortable with a gimme or a 30 yarder?

Comment

Fine with me. Adds some excitement to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
          I hate it.

What about 2 point conversions?
          2 point conversions are still run from the 2 yard line. The LOS is only moved back for the PAT.

Comment

Screw the extra point. I would rather just give 7 points for a TD and no extra point. If they go for two and fail they only get 6 points.

I agree with NOT making the kickers more important.

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
              Now they just need to have the TD scoring player to be the one to kick the PAT.
              I assume if a team goes for 2 the ball is placed at the old LOS for extra points

Comment

Correct.

Comment

Since we have Prater and we're paying for a top-tier kicker, I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                    Screw the extra point. I would rather just give 7 points for a TD and no extra point. If they go for two and fail they only get 6 points.

I agree with NOT making the kickers more important.
                    What he said.

Comment

Stupid.

Either 7 or try for 6/8. Eliminate the pat.

Comment

I don't like the lack of consistency. The ball can be moved back but i don't like the fact that you have to declare weather you are kicking or running a standard play for the Refs to spot the ball. What about the option to fake an XP? You have to run the fake from father out. I know if some situations that could be used as an advantage utilizing the extra space but that adds risk. I'd be more in favor of moving the PAT spot to like the 6-8 yd line for any and all attempts.

I'm also not a fan of the often proposed 7pt TD or option to risk a point for get 2. It makes a need for over explanations and the whole declaring that you will make this PAT attempt. I can see this making the game slower.

Its just seems hooky, feel free to bump the PAT back few yards, but leave every other aspect the same. Like someone else said in this thread, games being decided by PATs is a nice step backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
                          Now they just need to have the TD scoring player to be the one to kick the PAT.
                          LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
                            Is this just a trial for the PS or an official change?
                            Its done after tonight. They were only doing it for the first 2 weeks of PS.

I like the idea of the guy scoring the TD kicking it.

Comment

IT does make coaches think more if they think their kicker is struggling.

I am sure I would be fine with the change, but I have no problem the way it is either.

Comment

I think it would make the game more exciting. I thin the loss of the fake extra point would be more than made up for by more 2 point conversion attempts by teams with struggling kickers.

Comment

Working...
                                X