Juwan Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juwan Thompson

So I finally got to sit down and watch all but the last 7 minutes of the game. ( Damn anniversary and lighting delay did me in. ) Anyways I have to say the vision on this kid is incredible. Can anyone lay down the stats from this game. Seemed like he was breaking off 10 yard at a chuck. I have fallin' off the CJ wagon and hopping on the Thompson wagon. Although what I saw of CJ he looked good as well. How great would it be to have a knock out running game to complement the air attack.

Before you all go crazy I searched for a thread on this and I didn't find one. Kinda surprised me.

I loved what I saw - don't get me wrong.

But also remember that almost every pre-season there is always some running back that is "the next TD" in some people's eyes...

Mario Fannin
    Xavier Oman
    CJ Anderson
    Juwan Thompson

They are undrafted for a reason.

Comment

He had a great game. Pretty apparent to see his limited upside based on athletic ability but does seem to have nice vision and some traits that can help us. Reminds me a little of Reuben Drougns.

Comment

Ya I know its preseason and I know its one game but Vision is Vision. He just seemed to always find the hole which is something we have not had in a very long time. For the record there will never be another TD.

Comment

What I loved was how he FINISHED all of his runs. Punishing the tackler, lowering the shoulder. Physical, tough running.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
            I loved what I saw - don't get me wrong.

But also remember that almost every pre-season there is always some running back that is "the next TD" in some people's eyes...

Mario Fannin
            Xavier Oman
            CJ Anderson
            Juwan Thompson

They are undrafted for a reason.
            Did Mario Fannin ever do anything in a game?
            I remember the hype around him during TC because of how fast he was, but I don't remember him tearing anything up during a game. Besides his knee of course

Xavier Omon did have one good game, but his was against the 3-4th stringers I believe.

Anderson is on the team so if Thompson is the next Anderson that is a great thing

We will see, lot of time left
            But IMO Thompson has been more impressive than Fannin or Oman ever were

If Anderson can't go Sunday I would like to see Thompson get reps with the 1s

Comment

This is a real step in the right direction for you Quoy

a relevant, mostly timely, and non redundant thread

rep!

Comment

I thought he looked like TD out there, really. Great one cut move decisive "Just Boom and gone. And as mentioned vision, instantly spots hole and I through boom

Comment

He has great vision.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VsmwUTDyq2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Man he really popped #45 when he landed on his head. Awesome.

Comment

Did he have a fast shuttle time?

Comment

Couple of questions.

#1 Did he catch any passes ?? Can he ??

#2 How is his pass pro ?

#3 he seems to be an upright runner. They have a tendency to get hurt more. Did he have a injury record ?

Comment

The kid is awesome but we know it's all about protection. protection protection ........

Oh and did I mention protection?

Comment

the hit he took from #27? you guys think that could be unnecessary roughness? he was out of bounds when #27 kinda used Thompson momentum and drove his head into the ground.

Comment

This will give you a chubby .....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mup0L6eRBmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                              X