Kiz's opinion of Oz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiz's opinion of Oz

Pretty harsh assessment of Oz from Kiszla. I don't see how anyone could think this is true yet. Dude hasn't had a chance to play at all. He didn't start much in college. Let's see him play half a season of live action before we make up our minds...

http://www.denverpost.com/kickinit/c...ebow-is-better

Tim or Brock? Is Tim Tebow a better NFL quarterback than Broncos backup Brock Osweiler?

Kyle, Boulder

Kiz: Tebow had the "it" factor but ridiculously limited technical skills as a quarterback. Osweiler can throw the football but seems to have little or no instincts for the game. We at Kickin' It Headquarters were never big fans of Tebow, but we do appreciate the fact that Tebow won an NFL playoff game before his 25th birthday. It would be a shocker if the 23-year-old Osweiler ever wins an NFL playoff game. As much as it would pain Broncos executive John Elway to admit it, Tebow is a better NFL quarterback than Osweiler.

Seems accurate to me. The guy has been struggling in the preseason against vanilla defenses for three years now. Expecting him to turn it around in meaningful games seems like wishful thinking to me.

Comment

Kiszla is an idiot

Comment

We're investing a high pick in a qb when Manning is at the end of his road, I always expected that. I wasn't quite sure why the Os pick was made.... We could have picked up a journeyman easily to fill that gap as backup.

I assume Os was on the board, they had him graded pretty high on physical and game potential and pulled the trigger when he was there... I don't blame them for that if that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterhole View Post
          Kiz: Osweiler can throw the football but seems to have little or no instincts for the game.
          This is what I'm feeling. Playing with 2nd and 3rd strings and play still seems lackadaisical. I would like to see him given more time with the starters. But I don't want to wait till Manning is leaving to realize we need someone else. It's one of the few moves Elway has made that has disappointed me but I trust if he doesn't like what he see's he'll remedy the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
            Kiszla is an idiot
            Yep. I honestly feel like people hold Oz responsible for how and where he was drafted versus using their brains when evaluating him.

Comment

Whether or not he is right on Os it's from Kizla who is a huge douche, so I dont care

Comment

Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
                Kiszla is an idiot
                This. Oz was ok during the preseason game. He seems to have trouble with deep ball, but everything else wasn't that bad. Recovered nicely after he through the pick. Give him a full season as a starter and lets see what we get. If he still plays at the same level, then be concerned.

And to say that Tebow is better then Oz, is laughable. This guy doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.

Comment

The Great Oz debate is the gift that will keep on giving to the Mane.

I think people are tainted because he looks like big bird out there. There certainly isn't a lot of facts to base some of these judgments off of.

If the coaching staff after another season with Oz are not sure of his potential as a starting QB for the Broncos and if Manning plays another 2 years after this season...I won't mind investing another high pick next year in a QB to sit watching Manning for two years.

It was smart football management when selecting a QB in the OZ draft and it would be smart to do it again this next year given the above parameters.

Comment

I thought it was Osweiler's best game yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                      It wasn't Tim Tebow that the Broncos needed to distance themselves from it was the baggage that comes with him, so I don't think there's any point to drawing comparisons between he and Osweiler.
                      Very well stated.

Comment

We wont know until we see him over 16 games of the regular season. Not sure how many times that can be said.

And Kiszla should be mocked on principle. Kickin It HQ? Dumbass.

Comment

Can I get the link I have the guy on ignore

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                            It wasn't Tim Tebow that the Broncos needed to distance themselves from it was the baggage that comes with him, so I don't think there's any point to drawing comparisons between he and Osweiler.
                            If tebow was any good at QB and showed any ability to improve, the "baggage" wouldn't have been a problem.

Comment

Kiszla said something provocative? I'm so shocked and incensed!

/me if it was 2002.

Comment

Working...
                              X