Random thoughts about preseason game 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random thoughts about preseason game 1

• Any word on Talib? I'm expecting to see a tweet with a shoulder separation that has him out 4-6 weeks. CJ Anderson going out has me really worried about our running back depth.
    • The D-line showed up as advertised. We're very deep there. Should make for a formidable rotation.
    • Juwan Thompson! What a surprise. Him and Bibbs will get more reps, which may be a good thing.
    • Our defense played well. The problem is how anti-clutch they were, electing to have their biggest penalties on the biggest downs. That was the most frustrating thing of the night for. Third and long, fourth down, a Jamie Winborn-worthy face mask on Wilson. SMH...
    • Vinston Painter didn't play well.
    • McCray looks like he's progressing well as is Nate Irving (finally).
    • Marvin Austin looks like a total steal.
    • I'm not sure about Twilight. I don't know if he'll help us to utilize our roster to it's fullest. He had some nice plays, but I want to see Dysert.

Glad we won and won the way we did. Hopefully we can get through these next two games injury free.

Someone in the game thread posted a tweet saying Talib was fine.
    Was joking and laughing on the sideline with teammates

Comment

I'm totally done with Osweiler. Dude still looks like a rookie in his third year in the league.

Comment

I could definitely have gone without reading that first line...ugh

Comment

Patrick Smyth tweeted Talib is fine, no injury

Comment

Agree about Thompson , and Bibbs.
            Juwan can take Hillmans slot, and Hillman can go sell cell phones, or something.

Os has to wake up earlier in games. He looked like he was sleep walking out there until after he threw the pick. And that was all on him. Late to the throw allowed the db to get back . Throw should have come at least .5 seconds earlier.

D line will be good. secondary needs work!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
              • Any word on Talib? I'm expecting to see a tweet with a shoulder separation that has him out 4-6 weeks. CJ Anderson going out has me really worried about our running back depth.
              • The D-line showed up as advertised. We're very deep there. Should make for a formidable rotation.
              • Juwan Thompson! What a surprise. Him and Bibbs will get more reps, which may be a good thing.
              • Our defense played well. The problem is how anti-clutch they were, electing to have their biggest penalties on the biggest downs. That was the most frustrating thing of the night for. Third and long, fourth down, a Jamie Winborn-worthy face mask on Wilson. SMH...
              • Vinston Painter didn't play well.
              • McCray looks like he's progressing well as is Nate Irving (finally).
              • Marvin Austin looks like a total steal.
              • I'm not sure about Twilight. I don't know if he'll help us to utilize our roster to it's fullest. He had some nice plays, but I want to see Dysert.

Glad we won and won the way we did. Hopefully we can get through these next two games injury free.
              CJ Anderson thinks he is batman right now. Bet he will be fine after he regains his faculties

Comment

MileHighReport (@MileHighReport) tweeted at 8:08pm - 7 Aug 14:

Good news: Broncos say cornerback Aqib Talib was checked by team's medical staff and has no injury. #SEAvsDEN (https://twitter.com/MileHighReport/s...80152302227458)

Comment

My impressions:
                  Offense:
                  QB:
                  Manning still looks like Manning; arm strength about the same as last year
                  Bock I need to see more out of. He has flashes but still holds on to the ball too long. He needs to be more consistent this preseason or we might want to start exploring other options for next year.

RB:
                  Not sure who Thompson is but he looked like a beast. Had great vision and finished his runs with power. I would think has the inside track on the 4th RB spot
                  Hillman looked OK. A bit more power to his game. So not a feature back but could still end up being a player for us

WR:
                  DT is a man among boys and needs to be locked up long term.
                  Norwood looked good even though he probably won't make the team

Oline:
                  What a difference Clady makes. With a couple of exceptions I thought our pass pro was great for Manning. Some of his pockets were huge. We also got a bit of push in run downs which was nice to see. Overall this unit looks much improved

Defense:
                  Dline:
                  Super deep with several guys making plays. D-Ware looked as advertised; studly. Our DT's held up at the POA nicely. Derek Wolfe was making plays and looked like the rookie version. Marvin Austin, Kenny Anukike(?), and Q Smith all looked great against Seattle's second string. Lots to like here

LB:
                  Irving looked good. Read the plays quickly and showed good acceleration getting to the ball carrier. Larentee McCree looked really good to as an edge rusher and in run defense.

D-backs:
                  Roby did not look very good. I honestly did not notice too much out of this group except for when someone got beat. I think Ward is really going to help this defense out as he was physical and should of had a sack.

The officiating was atrocious

Comment

post my thoughts in other thread but ill repost em here

Starting guys were great no need to mention them but guys who flashed for me outside of the starters was

Marvin Austin 76 DT - Looked like a man among boys against Seattle's 2s and 3s

Juwan Tompson 40 RB - Showed some speed around the corner and ran physical I liked his size, want to see more.

Lerentee McCray 55 LB - Good run defense, has a nice pass rush and solid tackling. Solid speed.

Quanterus Smith 93 DE - If Pryor wasn't a fast mobile QB he would have had 3 or 4 sacks he was living in Seattle's backfield.

Kenny Anunike 68 DE - Kept good contain forcing Pryor to the sideline a lot also demonstrated good strength in the run game. Not sure if he makes the team but maybe I need to see a lot more.
                    Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
                    Agree about Thompson , and Bibbs.
                    Juwan can take Hillmans slot, and Hillman can go sell cell phones, or something.
                    Hillman looked good tonight what are you watching?
                    Last edited by KevinJames; 08-07-2014, 10:42 PM.

Comment

John Fox still looked as conservative as ever.

If it were 4th &2 from the 45 yard line, trailing 5-0 in Super Bowl #49, Fox would still elect to punt.

out

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Bronco View Post

If it were 4th &2 from the 45 yard line, trailing 5-0 in Super Bowl #49, Fox would still elect to punt.

out
                        can we ban this bitch ass fool?

out

Comment

Man, what's with all the threads escalating quickly. I bet it is the stress from PRESEASON GAME #1

Comment

out
                            your team lost don't worry you guys can try again week 3

Comment

out
                              I bet you have a plethora of friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X