New No Physical Contact for DB's Penalties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New No Physical Contact for DB's Penalties

Watching some games right now and WOW.... can't see this lasting through the regular season.

We'll see if they are serious when the Seachickens take the field

Comment

This will hurt the Broncos D too. I remember hearing opponents complaining about how much we held in the secondary, especially Chris Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by BMarsh615 View Post
        This will hurt the Broncos D too. I remember hearing opponents complaining about how much we held in the secondary, especially Chris Harris.
        I believe that was moreso the year before...

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
          Watching some games right now and WOW.... can't see this lasting through the regular season.
          Everyone said the same thing during college hoops last year. I think you see the same thing happen here that happened there. You see the players figure it out, and you see the refs allow a little more.

Comment

The refs have to be overemphasizing the holding calls/illegal contact right now. There is no way the networks would stand for a game with 12 penalties every weekend

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
              The refs have to be overemphasizing the holding calls/illegal contact right now. There is no way the networks would stand for a game with 12 penalties every weekend
              Al Davis figured that out 50 years ago.

Comment

In not going to lie. From a bronco fans perspective, the new rules are great! Did you see how DT was free to run a route and catch the ball without harassment?

If these rules are heavily enforced in regular season I don't see any defense stopping this offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
                  In not going to lie. From a bronco fans perspective, the new rules are great! Did you see how DT was free to run a route and catch the ball without harassment?

If these rules are heavily enforced in regular season I don't see any defense stopping this offense.
                  Ya who's gonna keep up with JT too? Without a hand on these guys Manning is going to have a field day.

Just one more reason why the NFL wants it to be a pass happy league while smothering out run games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin8Nine View Post

For our offense, yes. For our defense, no.

We paid Talib a lot of money, specifically because he's very physical. Same with Ward.

Comment

The nice thing about Talib is he's a two way defender. He's got size and length to be an impact in zone or man coverage, and he'll fill the running lane too. That's something Cromartie would never do.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                        Just one more reason why the NFL wants it to be a pass happy league while smothering out run games.
                        We have the Arena League for that

Comment

it seems the officials were intent on not allowing punts last night. There were, iirc, 5 phantom bail-out penalties on the secondary that were only called on 3rd or 4th down (3 or 4 on Denver and 1 on Seattle). hopefully this is the officials just being preseason officials because if the league phases out punting with this tactic of making up penalties to keep the o on the field in the regular season then the nfk has basically become wcw/wwf.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
                            hopefully this is the officials just being preseason officials because if the league phases out punting with this tactic of making up penalties to keep the o on the field in the regular season then the nfk has basically become wcw/wwf.
                            HUH?

The only 1st down penalty that came out of really no where was the PI on Irving.

The illegal contact was illegal...just ticky tack

The facemask...Was

The game was sloppy and the flags all over the field proved it. I find it an extreme joke how many people are saying that officials are making this crap up. Read the rule book and you will see where they are calling things by the letter of the law. They are fighting for positions on the field as well.

Comment

Originally posted by missingnumber7 View Post
                              HUH?

The only 1st down penalty that came out of really no where was the PI on Irving.

The illegal contact was illegal...just ticky tack

The facemask...Was

The game was sloppy and the flags all over the field proved it. I find it an extreme joke how many people are saying that officials are making this crap up. Read the rule book and you will see where they are calling things by the letter of the law. They are fighting for positions on the field as well.
                              the facemask definitely was and my post was not in reference to that call.

the holding on Talib was not. the first illegal contact was not-unless playing defensive back is being phased out. The PI on Irvin was not. The PI on Seattle was not. iirc, all of those calls came on either 3rd or 4th down when the teams were ready to get off the field. it was a joke and if the games are going to be called that way then they league may as well phase out CBs.

the hold was not by letter of the law because Talib did not hold. and I am pretty sure Wilson was out of the pocket so it would not have been illegal contact either. i tentatively chalk it up to preseason and the officials (by nfl edict) being told to overemphasize the contact downfield.

Comment

Working...
                              X