Things I will be watching in tonight's game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I will be watching in tonight's game

Here's a list of areas I will be intently focused on tonight. They're mostly areas of concern that
    1. Injuries. I ultimately don't care what happens so long as we get out healthy. Last year the Hawks speared Wolfe in the neck destroying his endocrine system. Let's stay healthy.
    2. Clady's return. I have concerns he won't be the Clady of old. If he's only so-so then his return is a lateral move and that has long term effects on the season.
    3. The re-shuffled line being out of sync. I've heard interviews from Franklin and Man-Ram and both mentioned they're still ironing things out. I am concerned that the "awesome" pass rush is somewhat related to a rusty and still growing offensive line. I want to see how they do against a formidable front four.
    4. Per the previous issue, I want to see if our pass rush is indeed legit or if it's a product of poor offensive line play.
    5. The Broncos making too much of this game. This is a preseason game. I know the team is embarrassed and wants to make a statement, but save that for when the points count. Play hard, but I hope we didn't game-plan this and I don't want to see anyone dancing around if we win.
    6. Ball handling and protection by the backs. The backs are young and inexperienced. Let's see if they can protect the QB and hang onto the ball. Seattle is a turnover machine, so they're going to have a lot of guys trying to strip it.
    7. The secondary play. I've read mixed things about the secondary. The safeties have been having a good camp, but the corners not so much. Now it IS Manning in practice, and Kayvon has apparently improved. So let's see how we play against a less proficient passer.
    8. Overall team physicality. The Seahawks are a physical team. I want to see us match their physicality.

Just stay healthy boys. That's all that matters.

Comment

Right on point with number 1. Do not want to see anyone go down right out the gate. I feel like we got robbed of seeing this team last year at full strength. Cause they never were.

Comment

All I know is, I am excited as hell to make my way to the stadium. It's a magical time of year.

If anyone is heading down and just wants to meet and say hi...feel free to PM me. You won't, but that's ok.

Comment

Stay healthy
          See a RB stepup shine
          Do we have KR/PR legit solution
          Growth from Brock

in preseason not just game 1
          Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 08-07-2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

1. Osweiler
            2. Rookies--Roby and Latimer specifically
            3. Chris Clark at RT

Comment

Osweiler gunning a ball at Carroll's face and/or nuts

Comment

1. I want to see the RB's hang on to the friggen ball...I would love to see us go through the Preseason without a fumble by a RB.
                2. Stay Healthy
                3. Secondary...We know who the top guys are...but the depth needs to play well...considering they are going against #2's they should shine. If you can't shine against #2's how are you going to be successful when you are needed against #1's
                4. Brock...its time buddy, show us you can ball. With PFM having a year or 2 left let us see what we have or if we need to look elsewhere.
                5. How the rules changes effect how one of the best secondarys in the league throw off PFM's timing.
                6. LB's, our depth here has been sad to say the least. Who is going to step up, and this is the game to do it, against a physical team.

I'm just pumped to see the Orange and Blue on the field. And I was kind of happy we drew the Seachickens for the first preseason game(IMO the 2 superbowl teams should play the HOF game)

Comment

I want to see where we are with the running game.
                  We need to elevate our running game to a somewhat dominance level.
                  What we've had in the last few years is not going to cut it...

Comment

It's hard to see what the run game will be like in this game. starting Oline goes out quickly. Leaving the RBs to run behind a horrible line.

Comment

Football is already here
                      It kind of snuck up on me this year

I keep forgetting that the Broncos play tonight

I am interested most in the line play
                      I want to see how well our Oline and Dline stack up against the elite units of the Seahawks
                      I would love to see us come out and run the ball down their throats
                      We know we can pass it so outside of seeing Latimer I am more interested in the run game

That is until the Bro comes in
                      I hope he looks good because I am starting to have my doubts

Comment

Come on.. The big question fellas: Are we intimidated? It's time to exorcise some demons. I gotta see Ward, Ware and some new additions setting the tempo and lighting people up... Letting em know,,, this is different team.

There's no way around it. The Lombardi probably goes thru Seattle and we could be playing them 3 times this year.

I want to see Percy in the fetal position and "beast mode" in bitch mode!

Come on man, in March it was about getting mean.. Thats what I want to see... Some mean MUTHUR****ERS!!

Comment

There is nothing to be gained by even playing the starters. If they play well, it isn't going to erase the SB assbeating. If they play poorly it just hurts their confidence going forward. I think they should keep their powder dry for week 3.

I would really hate to see a needless injury (on our side of course) in a meaningless preseason game by trying to "even the score."

Start Twilight and see what you've got.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                            There is nothing to be gained by even playing the starters. If they play well, it isn't going to erase the SB assbeating. If they play poorly it just hurts their confidence going forward. I think they should keep their powder dry for week 3.

I would really hate to see a needless injury (on our side of course) in a meaningless preseason game by trying to "even the score."

Start Twilight and see what you've got.
                            Have you ever played football ?
                            That Super Bowl was personal.
                            For themselves, they got to get a little respect back. Sry but that's just the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                              Have you ever played football ?

Comment

Working...
                              X