Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Anunike brings tons of energy to Broncos practices

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ncos-practices

He might not be the next DeMarcus Ware. But then Ware can't match the dogged determination rookie defensive end Kenny Anunike brings to every practice. No one can.

"I play with a lot of energy. Got to," Anunike said. "Every day is an opportunity to get better, and what better opportunity than with the Denver Broncos."

A 6-foot-5, 260-pound pass rushing defensive end, Anunike made 11 sacks in his senior year at Duke. He has come up with his share of practice sacks in camp. He knows that as a longshot to make the roster every practice play is a chance to impress the coaches.

Alfred Williams gushes about this guy - which could mean he'll bust for all he's worth. But other people have also mentioned he's a good high motor guy.

Comment

This guy is a high character, over achiever type, he could become one of those sleepers that has a nice career. Or he might not... but he is a high character guy if you read up on him.

Comment

Wonder if we IR/redshirt him.

Comment

I'm sure he will get a "knee injury" after the last preseason game that will put him on IR

could be another UDFA gem

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
            Wonder if we IR/redshirt him.
            He will show up magically on the injury list after PRESEASON GAME #1 and remain there. Then magically he will hit IR. Watch Med will have called this

Comment

Ware, Wolfe, Smith and Jackson would be four ends.

Knighton, Williams, Austin and Vickerson would be four defensive tackles. (Unrein could be in there too.)

I can see us keeping 9 DL. Anunike could be that guy, since we have some DE's who can kick inside and play there in certain packages. Hopefully we use a phantom IR designation on him, because he has some potential. How many DL did we carry at the start of 2013?

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post

I can see us keeping 9 DL.... since we have some DE's who can kick inside and play there in certain packages. Hopefully we use a phantom IR designation on him, because he has some potential. How many DL did we carry at the start of 2013?
                I was just going to post this. We have some swing DE's. Ware and Miller can drop into coverage (I'm aware Miller is a LB, but he plays both ways). And Jackson and Wolfe move inside on passing downs. I could see us keeping 5 DE's and a DT or linebacker ends up being put out to pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                  Ware, Wolfe, Smith and Jackson would be four ends.

Knighton, Williams, Austin and Vickerson would be four defensive tackles. (Unrein could be in there too.)

I can see us keeping 9 DL. Anunike could be that guy, since we have some DE's who can kick inside and play there in certain packages. Hopefully we use a phantom IR designation on him, because he has some potential. How many DL did we carry at the start of 2013?
                  Umm.

Knighton, Sly, Unrein, Vick, Ayers, Phillips, Wolfe, Jackson were on for sure.

Maybe one more i'm forgetting.

9 DL is justified IF they got short at one spot (cough, QB)

Comment

Umm.

also could work if we go back to just 3 TE on the roster. Having 4 the last couple seasons has meant not having enough depth at other positions.

Comment

Umm.

For sure?

Comment

I like this guys attitude, rooting for him
                        Last edited by Kevin8Nine; 08-05-2014, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Umm.

We traded for Ayers and Phillips! Bunch of ****ing amateurs this front office.

Comment

Why are people jumping on boss for answering a question about 2013 DL? Ayers wasn't on the team in 2013?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                              Why are people jumping on boss for answering a question about 2013 DL? Ayers wasn't on the team in 2013??
                              My ADD precludes me from finis.....I misread that as this would be the squad this year. So for the record I was technically jumping on a bush league front office. Boss just reads the news!.....hing reading posts
                              Last edited by theAPAOps5; 08-05-2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X