Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do ya think we could break the single season sack record ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do ya think we could break the single season sack record ?

With all the talent of our front line do you think they could break the record ? I think the bears hold it at 72.
    That is 4.5 per game. Now you know Von will get one a game and you know Ware will get one a game.

That leaves 2.5 sacks for the rest of the D per game. I think it's doable. I think ware/von is going to be way better then Elvis/ Von were and they were pretty damn good.

Thoughts

I think so, I also have von pegged for strahan's record.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
      I could see that happening as well. It's strange that I'm more excited about our D this year then our O. It's going to be a great year.

Comment

Not a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
          Not a chance.
          Why ? You don't think Williams , Wolfe , Vickerson, Pot Roast, and everyone else can't muster up 2.5 sacks a game.

Hell I bet wolf or Pot roast get one a game between just them.
          Last edited by Quoydogs; 08-05-2014, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
            I could see that happening as well. It's strange that I'm more excited about our D this year then our O. It's going to be a great year.
            It's hard not to be, hate to say it but I think the offense peaked while the defense hasn't even scratched the surface of potential. I'm seeing a shutout or two this season.

Comment

It's hard not to be, hate to say it but I think the offense peaked while the defense hasn't even scratched the surface of potential. I'm seeing a shutout or two this season.
              I think our O will improve as well just because of the turn over ratio that our D will provide.

Comment

I don't care just stop the other team on 3rd down for a change

Comment

I have a feeling this is going to a popular thread after thursdays game.

Comment

Comment

I think the 2015 season is when Von takes a real crack at that record. For the 1st quarter of the season at least he will only play part time.

Comment

No chance.

Half their games are against QBs who are mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                          Why ? You don't think Williams , Wolfe , Vickerson, Pot Roast, and everyone else can't muster up 2.5 sacks a game.

Hell I bet wolf or Pot roast get one a game between just them.
                          automatically pegging Von and Ware for 32 combined sacks is a little ambitious. That would immediately be a Broncos single season duo record, and though I'm having difficulties finding stats for this, I'm willing to bet it'd be pretty damn high up on the all time league wide duo mark. so maybe reign that one in a little bit.

edit: a bit of trolling around the pro football reference dungeons leads me to believe that the single season duo record is the 39 put up by Chris Doleman and Kieth Millard on the '89 Vikings. That team ended up with 71 total sacks. other duos that put up more than 32: Clive Simmons and Reggie White (34, '92 Eagles), LT and Leonard Marshall (32.5, '86 Giants). I believe that's it. So basically you are assuming that the Miller/Ware duo will put up the fourth highest duo sack total in the NFL since sacks became a statistic in the early 80's.
                          Last edited by extralife; 08-05-2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                            I don't care just stop the other team on 3rd down for a change
                            And force some turnovers. Being in the top 5 for turnover differential would be nice.

Comment

Health of course is critical.

Opponents will likely be trying to play catch up, so the Defense will have its chance.

I'd love to see it happen, but doubt it will.

Comment

Working...
                              X