Check this Sports Science episode on Sly Williams

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...ester-williams
    http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...11#post3835511

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
    Already posted this but seemed appropriate here, too:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If 335lb Terrance Knighton of the Broncos hits you at 10 mph, it's 40x the momentum of a 12 gauge shotgun blast to your chest</p>&mdash; Neil deGrasse Tyson (@neiltyson) <a href="https://twitter.com/neiltyson/statuses/430154429036498944">February 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Check this Sports Science episode on Sly Williams

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...ester-williams

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    I thought we were past the whole Methwolfe phase. I think we can just start referring to him as Wolfe.
    Eh... I'm past it if everybody else is. It was dumb to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    I thought we were past the whole Methwolfe phase. I think we can just start referring to him as Wolfe.
    Good nicknames tend stick around for a while, pretty soon it will catch on with the announcers.

Leave a comment:

• ZONA
    replied
    Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
    Also, to sum op OP: we have pass-rushers that do it on a daily basis, rather than those who pad their stats.

Also factor in PotRoast, Big Vick and Methwolfe coming back, and Sly and Austin really coming on... I think this is the best d-line the Broncos have had since I started following them.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin8Nine
    replied
    Originally posted by MagicHef View Post
    It's at least one sack a game. A 3 sack game would count the same as a 1 sack game.

So, statistically, those would be minimums to expect from Von and Ware.
    Sky is the limit

Leave a comment:

• MagicHef
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
    Von Miller = 65% x 16 = 10.4
    Ware = 60% x 16 = 9.6

=20 Sacks This season. It's science.

Good find Magic
    It's at least one sack a game. A 3 sack game would count the same as a 1 sack game.

So, statistically, those would be minimums to expect from Von and Ware.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin8Nine
    replied
    Von Miller = 65% x 16 = 10.4
    Ware = 60% x 16 = 9.6

=20 Sacks This season. It's science.

Good find Magic

Leave a comment:

• Bronco Yoda
    replied
    Wow. Great find. Getting really amped for the season.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Bong Miller View Post
    Does anybody know where I can find the broadcast or all22 film of the Broncos vs. Panthers game from 2012?

I think that was Von's most dominant game as a pro, he was in the backfield on every play. The Panthers couldn't run or pass, Miller shut down Newton completely
    nfl.com is the only place I know of that has any all22 available to the public online.

I agree that was his best game despite what pff rated him at, I remember him getting blindsided by Steve smith early and going ham for the rest of the game.
    I still think he got shafted out of an official sack when he met newton in the backfield as soon as he got the snap.

Leave a comment:

• Bong Miller
    replied
    Does anybody know where I can find the broadcast or all22 film of the Broncos vs. Panthers game from 2012?

I think that was Von's most dominant game as a pro, he was in the backfield on every play. The Panthers couldn't run or pass, Miller shut down Newton completely

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    Here's a nugget that testifies to the ridiculousness of JJ Watt: He's 4th on this list at 57.7%, and he's not even an edge rusher.

I'd love to have him on the Broncos.
    Lol, move Ware to WAM, and our front seven would look like this:

Ware - Trevathan - Von
    Watt - Pot Roast - Sly - Wolfe

Leave a comment:

• BroncoMan4ever
    replied
    Here's a nugget that testifies to the ridiculousness of JJ Watt: He's 4th on this list at 57.7%, and he's not even an edge rusher.

I'd love it if our interior linemen and backups for Von and Ware could contribute in 10+ sacks this season. That really isn't a huge number when you consider the edge talent that needs to be accounted for by the opposition.

Leave a comment:

• MagicHef
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    Already posted this but seemed appropriate here, too:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If 335lb Terrance Knighton of the Broncos hits you at 10 mph, it&#39;s 40x the momentum of a 12 gauge shotgun blast to your chest</p>&mdash; Neil deGrasse Tyson (@neiltyson) <a href="https://twitter.com/neiltyson/statuses/430154429036498944">February 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

Working...
X