Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improvements to Orange Mane

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Improvements to Orange Mane

    There are a few improvements I think could make this forum better.


    1. "Likes" - If someone post something that someone likes or agrees with I think there should be a like button below their text they posted saying...

    "Baja, TheReverend, and Chrissy like this post."

    or

    "Baja, TheReverend, and 9 otheres like this post."

    Many other forums have it and it gives people a way to give their input without cluttering up the thread, or saying the same thing twice.


    2. Game day threads - I have heard there used to be a chat room type thing and I'm sure there is a reason it is not used anymore. I do enjoy the Game day threads, but I wish there was a way for it to be less annoying or more efficient.


    and one more thing....

    3. Signatures - I few people have complained that members do not get signatures, but i think it's for the best. Signatures cause unnecessary clutter and ruin the flow of reading for me personally. The pictures and quotes everyone gets on the left is sufficient customization, but I do think it's weird that mods use them while restricting others.


    I have been thinking bout this for a while and was wondering what you all thought?

    Last edited by Kevin8Nine; 08-02-2014, 01:08 PM.

  • #2
    Don't you remember when the OM got the last face lift? It was chaos and a bizarro world. They had to change it back

    Comment


    • #3
      Chat room was good for game days. I'd go back there every game or two.

      The like thing and the signatures just clutter things up. There used to be sigs, but it was a waste of bandwidth or something.

      Comment


      • #4
        I like the Mane the way it is. Not sure why people just randomly decide to tell TJ why his forum is not as good.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
          Is not something you would see often.
          Doc B likes this post

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
            There are a few improvements I think could make this forum better.


            1. "Likes" - If someone post something that someone likes or agrees with I think there should be a like button below their text they posted saying...

            "Baja, TheReverend, and Chrissy like this post."

            or

            "Baja, TheReverend, and 9 otheres like this post."

            Many other forums have it and it gives people a way to give their input without cluttering up the thread, or saying the same thing twice.


            2. Game day threads - I have heard there used to be a chat room type thing and I'm sure there is a reason it is not used anymore. I do enjoy the Game day threads, but I wish there was a way for it to be less annoying or more efficient.


            and one more thing....

            3. Signatures - I few people have complained that members do not get signatures, but i think it's for the best. Signatures cause unnecessary clutter and ruin the flow of reading for me personally. The pictures and quotes everyone gets on the left is sufficient customization, but I do think it's weird that mods use them while restricting others.


            I have been thinking bout this for a while and was wondering what you all thought?

            Agree on the Signatures, just cluttered. As far as the chat room and the game day thread who cares if it's annoying? People are posting their feelings during a game, basically venting. Most of the time people don't know what someone else has said or care. And for #1, I'd post on facebook if I wanted something like that. I don't.

            Don't fix something that isn't broken.

            Comment


            • #7
              I like it the way it is. Thanks... Give a person or two

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gunns View Post
                Agree on the Signatures, just cluttered. As far as the chat room and the game day thread who cares if it's annoying? People are posting their feelings during a game, basically venting. Most of the time people don't know what someone else has said or care. And for #1, I'd post on facebook if I wanted something like that. I don't.

                Don't fix something that isn't broken.
                The wiseass in me wants to ask you if your VCR is blinking 12:00, except that I agreed with your post! Anything that replicates facebook/twitter is suckage as far as I'm concerned.

                I will say though it isn't a bad topic for discussion, why not at least toss some ideas out there for consideration, so thanks Kevin.

                Here are mine:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                  The wiseass in me wants to ask you if your VCR is blinking 12:00, except that I agreed with your post! Anything that replicates facebook/twitter is suckage as far as I'm concerned.

                  I will say though it isn't a bad topic for discussion, why not at least toss some ideas out there for consideration, so thanks Kevin.

                  Here are mine:
                  You do realize forums were around years before facebook, twitter, and myspace, right?

                  If you want to try to make someone look stupid, you probably shouldn't do that by writing something stupid.
                  Last edited by Kevin8Nine; 08-02-2014, 02:31 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                    Don't you remember when the OM got the last face lift? It was chaos and a bizarro world. They had to change it back
                    Lol.. I could totally see that happening, and everyone freaking out

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
                      I like the Mane the way it is. Not sure why people just randomly decide to tell TJ why his forum is not as good.
                      lol, exactly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I liked it when we got free dick pills, OMane hats and shirts from TJ.

                        Oh wait, that never has or will happen.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wow... I expected an open conversation on how to improve something we all like. What was I thinking?

                          Obviously not the place for an intelligent conversation.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It is a open conversation. Most of us like it the way it is. I give tj mad props for allowing me to be here and discuss my favorite sports team

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I like the Mane the way it is EXCEPT for 1 thing. I wish they would get rid of the white background and go with a grey color or simply just reverse the colors so the text is white and the background is darker. Most of us now have very big LCD screens and it literally feels the same way as when you're driving at night and some fool has his high beams on.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X